WIFI issues after installing IOS 6.1.3 on an iPad 2 & IPhone 5

Mini Mad

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys after some advice on a recent issues that's just surfaced after a few weeks since installing the latest IOS version 6.1.3 on both my iPad 2 & iPhone 5.

I get variant levels of the amount of drops out I get on both part my iPad when connected to my home secure network. It varies from a few mins & to 10-15mins b4 it drops & then normally get reconnected by going to settings & turning the wifi on/off slider acros. When really bad I have to do several times :( or leave on 3G for a bit & go bck.

I've checked & tried all the suggested resets etc but nothing works. I'm having no issues with both our laptops, apple tv etc all off the same router(obviously all not at once!!) which is making me think it the iOS update.

Any suggestions greatfully received

Cheers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try disabling your encryption and then see if the disconnection continues. If it maintains a connection, reboot all of your devices, re-enable encryption and if your Wireless router/AP support dual frequencies, use the 5 GHz frequencies for the iPad 2 & iPhone 5 and the 2.4 GHz frequencies for the rest of your Wi-Fi capable devices.

Last edited:

onlyifuknewme

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem. Try resetting network settings under General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. That did the trick for me... Hope it works for you!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711