Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default help grandma update ipad 2

My grandkid passed me his ipad 2. it was jB'd Grand kid is touring India. I got message "upgrade to 6** available for this device when i turned it on this AM so i said OK. got a pic of USB cable pointing to iTunes icon. Took me 2 hrs to figure out (realize that it meant plug ipad into Mac. now mac says "iTunes has detected an iPad in recvery mode. you must resore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes." Help what do I do now?

Global Posts
    23,001 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by drschuk1 View Post
    My grandkid passed me his ipad 2. it was jB'd Grand kid is touring India. I got message "upgrade to 6** available for this device when i turned it on this AM so i said OK. got a pic of USB cable pointing to iTunes icon. Took me 2 hrs to figure out (realize that it meant plug ipad into Mac. now mac says "iTunes has detected an iPad in recvery mode. you must resore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes." Help what do I do now?
    Select "restore". Make sure you're connected to the Internet via your Mac. iTunes will download and install the latest iOS version. It may or may not backup the current contents of the device. After the process is complete, follow the on-screen setup.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,251 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8.1

Default Re: help grandma update ipad 2

If you have any further questions on what to do you have chosen the right forum to come to and we will give you all the assistance you need. Welcome.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iPhone Nanite

I love this grandma... She said JB'd.... Words to my soul!