No YouTube after iOS 6 upgrade,,,, Please Help !!!!!!

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So before my iOS 6 update (downgrade) my ipad worked seamlessly and ALL YouTube vids would play with no problems,,,,,,right after installing IOS 6 things are much different,,,,,,, I'm lucky if 10% of the YouTube video's I select will play now.

Sometimes I get the red strip across the black box were the video is suppose to be saying " I need to install flash",,,,,,, but most of the time I see the still frame of the video I have selected but it won't play.

For the last week I have been reading and reading and reading online tring to find a fix,,,, yes, I have read about doing a reset, deleting cookies, resetting Safari.

I have installed the Google YouTube app,,,, I have done the mobile app,,,,,,,,, NOTHING WORKS,,,,,,, iOS 6 has turned my ipad into a paperweight.

I joined this forum just to try and find a fix as I have exhausted every idea.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Davyo

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So before my iOS 6 update (downgrade) my ipad worked seamlessly and ALL YouTube vids would play with no problems,,,,,,right after installing IOS 6 things are much different,,,,,,, I'm lucky if 10% of the YouTube video's I select will play now.

Sometimes I get the red strip across the black box were the video is suppose to be saying " I need to install flash",,,,,,, but most of the time I see the still frame of the video I have selected but it won't play.

For the last week I have been reading and reading and reading online tring to find a fix,,,, yes, I have read about doing a reset, deleting cookies, resetting Safari.

I have installed the Google YouTube app,,,, I have done the mobile app,,,,,,,,, NOTHING WORKS,,,,,,, iOS 6 has turned my ipad into a paperweight.

I joined this forum just to try and find a fix as I have exhausted every idea.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Davyo

Touch "mobile version" on the YouTube page.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Touch "mobile version" on the YouTube page.

Yep,,,, as I mentioned in my op,,,,, already did mobile,,,,,,, with mobile I just get a black box were the video is suppose to be,,, with the desktop version I at least get a still frame preview of the video but nothing plays,,, it's just a frozen static image.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I use the YouTube client called Jasmine. I absolutely love it. I recommend giving it a shot.

Hey Brad,,,,, thanks for the assistance,,,,, I downloaded Jasmine and it seems to be working so far,,,, not really crazy about the user interface but at least the vids seem to all be playing,,,,,, thanks again Brad.

On a side note,,,,, I think I am going to get a Nexus 10 this week,,,, the recent choices by Apple have soured my feelings toward their products,,, I just sold my iphone 5 and got the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy S3 and so far I'm not missing Apple too much in the phone department,,,,, the tablet switch is next,,,, I've been a die hard Apple fan since day one, but no more.

Cheers
Davyo

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
+ Jasmine
And also could try other YouTube alternatives such as: WorldTube HD YouTube App, Nowbox, YouPlayer

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey Brad,,,,, thanks for the assistance,,,,, I downloaded Jasmine and it seems to be working so far,,,, not really crazy about the user interface but at least the vids seem to all be playing,,,,,, thanks again Brad.

On a side note,,,,, I think I am going to get a Nexus 10 this week,,,, the recent choices by Apple have soured my feelings toward their products,,, I just sold my iphone 5 and got the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy S3 and so far I'm not missing Apple too much in the phone department,,,,, the tablet switch is next,,,, I've been a die hard Apple fan since day one, but no more.

Cheers
Davyo

Well it seems you are unloading ALL Apple products because of You Tube just cause you are having trouble at least it seems and since you have already left IOS and gone to Samsung, We wish you luck and sorry to see you leave. Android Central will serve you well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW