iPad no image but backlight works

Jjones0377

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
All functions seem to work. Can take a screenshot of the screen.

Can adjust volume. Mute/vibrate works

Home button works

Power button works

No sure what happened

We changed the digitizer. No problem at all have done many digitizers on the iPad

Again, the backlight works. Comes on when supposed to. Just no image

Any ideas? Used plastic opening tools around the flex cable connectors to be careful to be sure not to short anything out

Just not sure what else could be wrong

What I've tried:

Unhooking battery for 1 hour
Reseat all cables multiple times
Hard reset. (Power + home)

It's got to be a hardware issue. Just not sure what it could be.

Help!

oscarahj

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same problem. This has happened to me before and holding down the home button and the power button for a few seconds worked before. But not anymore. Hopefully someone with some knowledge answers. I'm hoping I don't have to reset the iPad. If I need to start my own thread I will, but for now I am subscribing to this thread to see what happens. Thanks!

Jjones0377

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out! There is a piece i accidentally broke on the Logic Board.

look under the Display connector. There are supposed to be 4 squares. with solder in all 4 corners.

notice my 4th one is missing?

This is my problem (i am assuming) now im on the hunt for a repair for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 92

kibby#AC

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever find a fix?

Was this the problem as seen in the picture.

I'm experiencing a similar issue with everything working except for the graphic display, backlight works, power, home button, etc. I cannot figure out either. I have completed the resets both hard and soft, device is recognized in iTunes and restores successfully.

This was a purchase of 2 broken ipads, one i have working fine. I have swapped out lcd's with the working unit, I have basically narrowed the problem to the logic board, but no idea what or how to fix, short of a new logic board, which isn't really cost effective, if this ends up being the solution.

TIA

Jjones0377

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes I got it fixed. I had my logic board repaired by a company in Florida. Myibroke.com

Order logic board diagnostic service. It's like $15. Non refundable but goes towards cost of repair if needed

Cost me little over $100 total for repair.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711