Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    iPhone Beginner

Default Re: Is an iPad 2 Still a Good Buy?

Definitely. I feel like.. if I had the iPad and the iPad 2 came out, I would want to switch, but not from iPad 2 to 3 cuz I dont think there's too much difference. Prolly just the screen resolution but mine on the iPad 2 still looks damn amazing.

---------- Post Merged at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Definitely. I feel like.. if I had the iPad and the iPad 2 came out, I would want to switch, but not from iPad 2 to 3 cuz I dont think there's too much difference. Prolly just the screen resolution but mine on the iPad 2 still looks damn amazing.

Global Posts
    3,682 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Is an iPad 2 Still a Good Buy?

But if you we're starting from scratch and didn't have one why would you not get the most recent model?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It should be viable for the next couple of years at least. The speed is on par with the new ipad.

Funny thing is this. I'd consider the ipad 2 more future proof than the ipad 3. The ipad 3 seemed to choke or lag some (at times and depending on what you're doing) and you get the idea it's struggling to push those pixels. It all has to do with how much you want that retina screen.

At this stage in the cycle, i'd either get the ipad 2 at a great price or wait for a refresh.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Bought my iPad 2 back in April and have not regretted it ever since. I have had plenty of time to mess around with a friends iPad 3 and despite the beautiful screen, I still can't justify the price.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Default Is an iPad 2 Still a Good Buy?

I bought an iPad 2 in September because of the price point. Retina is beautiful but for me, the iPad 2 was a better choice based on what I use it for alone.

Maybe when the next one comes out I'll upgrade to a 3 - I don't mind being a step behind the latest and greatest, considering the track record of iOS updates means I will get plenty of mileage out of my current iPad.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    iOS Version

A bit late, but here's my take on it: Last April I got the iPad2 for one reason - price. As an avid photo honbiest, I really wanted that Retna display and more storage, but the 16GB New iPad is $100 more than the iPad2, which only comes in that one size now, and the 32GB iPad is even more.

That said, I am very happy with the iPad2.
    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
    Double ROT-13 encrypted for your protection
    iPhone Nanite

I don't think we will say good bye to ipad 2 when new version will come because its still a very good device . Many people have this and love it.

Global Posts
    1,851 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 8

I bought the 64Gb 3G iPad 2 last May in Los Angeles whilst over there working. I wanted to use it to store scripts, photos, rushes and edits and it does that perfectly.

It does absolutely everything I could want in a tablet and I won't swap it out for the iPad 3 unless I can get one free. The lack of Siri is a non event as I doubt I would ever use it on the iPad. On my iPhone 5, Siri is a godsend and I love it, Most everything that I would use Siri for, such as appointments, calendar events etc, will auto-sync to the iPad anyway, so it's just not a big deal.

Although the iPad 2 has been superseded by the iPad 3, I don't consider the 2 in any way an outdated device in the same way that a 2011 MacBook is not obsolete just because the 2012 model has been released.

I think the iPads 2 will be around and supported for a good few years yet and if you can get one at a great price then go for it. Of course, if the price point of the 2 is similar to a comparable 3 then it makes sense to go for the newest iPad.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts

Seems Apple has answered the question for you -

With their recent announcement, they've kept the iPad 2, chucked the 'New' and have based the Mini on the hardware of the 2.

Seems Apple likes the product. Why wouldn't you?

tuffy100 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Rosaura1234 View Post
    Now the iPad Mini has announced with Sari,iPad Mini or iPad 2,which one will you buy?
    Sticking with my iPad 2! Still feels snappy to me and it hasn't shown age at all!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12