Help! iPad can't update!

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure which forum to put this in, but I guess I'll try here for now...

Something has happened with my ipad2 (jailbroken 16gb) that makes it impossible to update apps.
WheneverbI try to update an application, it gets through about 2/3ds of the loading bar, and then suddenly stops and says that "The application can not be downloaded at this time."

Sometimes it happens pretty much immediately after I hit the update button.

It SHOULDN'T be a jailbreak issue, since it was jailbroken for a good month before this started happening.

I don't think it's an iCloud issue, since I have an iPad Touch running on the same account, and it updates without problems.

The only way I can update an app on my iPad, is by deleting it, and then installing the newest version of it, which is REALLY annoying when it comes to games.

Anyone got any suggestions, besides resetting and wiping it completely? I've tried resetting the network connections without any improvement.

As much as I love my iPad, this isn't exactly what I have in mind when I hear "it just works!"

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had that happen a time or two and like you've already stated, deleting and reinstalling the app is the only way I have found to fix the issue. Thank GOD it hasn't happened often for me. Why does it happen? I have no idea. Is it annoying? It can be but it has only happened to me a couple of times and I've had my iPad for a year now so it's a minor issue *for me*.

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen a time or two and like you've already stated, deleting and reinstalling the app is the only way I have found to fix the issue. Thank GOD it hasn't happened often for me. Why does it happen? I have no idea. Is it annoying? It can be but it has only happened to me a couple of times and I've had my iPad for a year now so it's a minor issue *for me*.

Wait, wait, wait... So you've just had to live with it, and reinstall an app every time you need an update? Jeez! Have you tried reset and wipe?

Do you live near an Apple store, and have you had a genius look at it? If it persists through wiping, they should just give you a new one IMHO...

I've looked around in Apples forums online, and apparently there are A LOT of people with the same problem... Looks like a pretty major bug in iOS to out it mildly!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wait, wait, wait... So you've just had to live with it, and reinstall an app every time you need an update? Jeez! Have you tried reset and wipe?

Do you live near an Apple store, and have you had a genius look at it? If it persists through wiping, they should just give you a new one IMHO...

I've looked around in Apples forums online, and apparently there are A LOT of people with the same problem... Looks like a pretty major bug in iOS to out it mildly!

First of all, it has not been a problem for me. A minor annoyance? Yes. A problem? No. Like I aforementioned, I doubt it has happened to me more than twice, three times tops within a year. That is not enough to make me go off the deep end and claim that my device is defective because it is not. I can't even tell you when the last time it happened. Believe me. If I thought my device was truly malfunctioning, I would have no problem whatsoever if taking it to a nearby Apple Store demanding an exchange.

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So it just started working correctly again? Or what?

Cause I have 50 apps that are awaiting updates right now, so for me this has crossed the "major annoyance" threshold a while ago.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So it just started working correctly again? Or what?

Cause I have 50 apps that are awaiting updates right now, so for me this has crossed the "major annoyance" threshold a while ago.

No, I deleted the apps and reinstalled them. Also, every couple of months, I reset my device as new. Not because of problems or anything, but I experiment a lot and after a while, I reset to start fresh again. However, with you having 50 or so apps in a holding pattern, I can see how you'd be upset and frustrated. I don't think I had even half that amount when I experienced what you're currently experiencing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73