iPad note taking/stylist question

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to use my ipad to take notes, but when I write, I tend to rest the bottom of my hand on whatever surface I'm writing on. Obviously, this confuses the touch screen since it senses both my hand and my stylist.

Are there any settings/apps/stylists that I can use so the iPad will only recognize my stylist, not my hand?

Thanks for the help.

gregs87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I use Noteshelf and it has this feature. It "sections' off where you write so your wrist has a place to land . I think most of them do anyway. What are you currently using?

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I use Noteshelf and it has this feature. It "sections' off where you write so your wrist has a place to land . I think most of them do anyway. What are you currently using?

Currently using notability. Only problem is the "sectioned off" area is at the bottom of the screen, instead of the side, and thus isn't very useful.

Most of the note taking apps now include a wrist rest. Rather than let that guide you, I suggest the Stylus Handpad.

Ideally I'd like to "turn off" the touch screen, and find a special stylist that let is the only thing recognized by the screen (I had a tablet PC with this function). Any iPad equivalent?

Seeker2787

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I've used half a dozen note taking apps and unfortunately haven't found a setting that only recognizes the stylus. Notability is my favorite with the adjustable wrist guard area.

I know "Penultimate" has a setting that allows you to match how you hold the stylus that is supposed to help with errors. I haven't experimented with it in awhile but can post my experiences with it in a few hours if it would help?

Antrikshy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried other apps, but Penultimate does a really good job with it. You can rest your palm on it and it detects it quite well. There may be some glitches very occasionally, but it's a really robust note-taking app.

Penultimate is specially great for those with different hand placement styles. If you place your hand on top, if you're a lefty etc., Penultimate is great for you.

You need to turn off the multitouch gestures to use these apps, though.

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Evernote

I'd like to use my ipad to take notes, but when I write, I tend to rest the bottom of my hand on whatever surface I'm writing on. Obviously, this confuses the touch screen since it senses both my hand and my stylist.

Are there any settings/apps/stylists that I can use so the iPad will only recognize my stylist, not my hand?

Thanks for the help.

Give a try to ever note, that is a nice app for taking notes and will fulfill your requirements.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner