iPad 2 won't update apps

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 and it is updated to ios 5.1.1. I updated some apps this morning. This evening I went to update a few apps and they will not update. I tried to pause and unpause them because that has worked before. I then deleted them and tried to reinstall them but they won't load at all. I have also turned it off and done the reset where you hold the power and home button at the same time. I am not having the same problem on my 4s either. Any suggestions on what I should do?

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried that it didn't work. Here is a list of the apps that I have that are not downloading:
Pandora
Zinio
Words with friends HD*
Word feud ad free version
My Pad
NBC*
Tapatalk HD for iPad*
Tune in Radio Pro

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try any of the following:

1. Reboot your iPad by simultaneously holding the power and home button until the Apple logo is displayed.

2. Logout of the App store, wait 60 seconds and then log back in.

3. Make sure your iPad is connected to an Internet source.

4. If all fails, reset your device as new and then reinstall.

Hopefully, #4 is not needed.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
are you trying to update them all at once? i have had the problem on my ipod and i got around it by updating the apps one at a time..

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
No I am updating them one at a time. It also won't let me install new apps either. :(
What can I do to make sure all of my pictures and videos are backed up before I install as new.?
I've done all the recommended steps and it still will not work.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a chance that restrictions are enabled in Settings? Settings>> General>> Restrictions - it could be that restrictions are enabled preventing app installs.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there a chance that restrictions are enabled in Settings? Settings>> General>> Restrictions - it could be that restrictions are enabled preventing app installs.

if that is enabled there would be no app store icon

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No I am updating them one at a time. It also won't let me install new apps either. :(
What can I do to make sure all of my pictures and videos are backed up before I install as new.?
I've done all the recommended steps and it still will not work.

We're they bought with a diff apple I'd then the one your using now ? If u hook it to computer u can transfer your stuff to the computer .. Or backup using iCloud but that might backup the prob as well

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I ended up restoring as new and that has fixed the problem. I'm not sure what caused the problem. I have been signed in with the same apple I.d. the entire time. And the restrictions weren't turned on because it would allow me to put in my password and then the app would be on the screen and it just said waiting underneath the app.

This was my first restore to new. So I was just glad that I was able to save my pictures and videos from the device.

Thank you for all the advice and help you have offered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I ended up restoring as new and that has fixed the problem. I'm not sure what caused the problem. I have been signed in with the same apple I.d. the entire time. And the restrictions weren't turned on because it would allow me to put in my password and then the app would be on the screen and it just said waiting underneath the app.

This was my first restore to new. So I was just glad that I was able to save my pictures and videos from the device.

Thank you for all the advice and help you have offered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm glad you got everything taken care of. As for restoring as new, it just works. Some people see it as a pain in the butt, but I see it as a true fix. Anyway, take care and have a great day. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

sam_SENNER

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem about 2 months ago... Everyone said to restart my iPad 2, but that did not work. The easiest way (and the way I fixed my iPad) is to change your Apple ID password.
To change your password, just type 'Apple ID' and you can go from there. It will be a teensy bit frustrating at first, but then it will get easier throughout the process.

^that would make you be able to download apps, but I also have the problem that my apps won't update...

I hope this helps!
-S. S.