Wireless GMail contacts

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to wirelessly update my GMail contacts to my iPad's native Contacts list? While I've essentially abandoned using GMail for email, I still use it as my cloud sync for my contacts (and Google Calendar for my calendar). Even if iCloud can do this instead, I am not able to do that at this time as I still use a Droid phone (I plan on getting an iPhone after the iPhone 5 comes out later this year). As it stands now, I need to sync via iTunes to update my contacts list. But since I don't keep any music on the iPad, this and photos are the only reason I have now to plug the iPad into my PC, and the photo collection doesn't change all that often. Everything else I can do wirelessly.

I have my GMail account active in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" set to sync mail, there is no option to sync contacts.

delosfuegos

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Gordol

I'm Michael and I work for connex.io and we do just that.

Our app allows you to connect multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets) and services (gmail, yahoo mail, Facebook, LinkedIn Outlook,...) so that all of your contacts are synced across all devices. We also automatically de-duplicate, clean, complete and update your contacts. That means that if anything is changed somewhere, it automatically is updated on all of your devices as well.

If you want to check it out: https://connex.io/tour-1-what-does-connexio-do

Or if you have any questions you can always mail me: michael@connex.io

Best of luck!

Michael

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey Gordol

I'm Michael and I work for connex.io and we do just that.

Our app allows you to connect multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets) and services

Thanks. After looking at your site/service, it's a subscription service that links in way more that I'm interested in, so I'll pass.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to wirelessly update my GMail contacts to my iPad's native Contacts list? While I've essentially abandoned using GMail for email, I still use it as my cloud sync for my contacts (and Google Calendar for my calendar). Even if iCloud can do this instead, I am not able to do that at this time as I still use a Droid phone (I plan on getting an iPhone after the iPhone 5 comes out later this year). As it stands now, I need to sync via iTunes to update my contacts list. But since I don't keep any music on the iPad, this and photos are the only reason I have now to plug the iPad into my PC, and the photo collection doesn't change all that often. Everything else I can do wirelessly.

I have my GMail account active in "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" set to sync mail, there is no option to sync contacts.

Set up your gmail as a exchange account in mail and it will give you the option to sync your contacts. The server will be: m.google.com

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: gordol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox