help!! need some advice on buying a used ipad 2

kicl

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
i got an offer from someone selling their white ipad 2 32gb with 3G for 475

they supposedly have used it very minimally and the warranty is still valid on it. they've have it for 4 months and the ipad is in mint condition. they are also throwing in a case with it but im not sure how it looks like.

does this seem like a good deal?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's seems ok but you can buy referb on apple site for 399 and comes with one year warranty

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

kicl

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
i live in canada..one additional question though

if i do get an ipad with 3G, without a data plan, would i still be able to use navigation apps such as tomtom or navigon?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Check the prices of the iPad 2 32GB at local stores as well as Amazon.com to make sure the selling price you quoted is reasonable according to YOU. if it is and if possible, handle the device to make sure it works as expected and there are no damages before you buy it. If everything checks out, buy it. I have no doubt that you will be pleased with it a well as its performance speed. Oh yeah, get a receipt from the seller preferably with the seller's name on it just in case it's stolen/borrowed for an extended time...(laughing).

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i live in canada..one additional question though

if i do get an ipad with 3G, without a data plan, would i still be able to use navigation apps such as tomtom or navigon?

No you have to have a connection via wifi or 3G to do that

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
No you have to have a connection via wifi or 3G to do that

That's incorrect. The GPS works fine without a data plan, though it may be a little slower to get the initial lock. Any navigation program with preloaded maps (like the two specifically mentioned) will function as long as location services are turned on. Even works with no SIM card.