Camera connection kit

sonyscaria

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I own a Nikon SLR and I do some post processing before I publish my photos.For the purpose I wanted to use iPad and it is convent while on a trip or away from home since I don't have to wait until get back to my den.
I wanted to buy an iPad camea connecton kit for my iPad 2, but I heard that the latest IOS won't recognise the memory card or device. I have enquired a number iffy eBay sellers and they all responded saying it wont work with IOS 5.

Could anyone pls validate this?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yea I don't see this working either. I don't believe the iPad has the proper drivers for this. You would need a computer to act as an intermediary and of course if you do that then of course you would just use the PC to process the pictures. The only thing I can think of and it's a long shot and it's probably not practical, and your camera probably doesn't support this. BUT some cameras allow you to directlly email pictures, so you could email yourself the pictures and then open them on the ipad, BUT that could/would be tedious. And like I said, your camera probably doesn't support that feature it's pretty rare.

sonyscaria

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. These kits have slots to insert the memory cards apart from connecting the camera itself. I would be okay if it reads the memory card and allow me to import the jpeg/RAW files. I don't want to connect the camea or iimport from camera itself. Thanks.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

that is weird. I really had no problem using the Connector Kit with iOS 5. I have a EOS 60D and used it with memory card (mostly) or direct camera connection.

Best regards,
Johannes

plowboy1065

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the connection kit and works fine with my IPad 2 but I just use the card reader. What I really need is an app that I can pick which photos I would like to save to the iPad instead of uploading all of them. When I'm looking at my game cam it could be upwards of 2000 pics. Any advice?

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the connection kit and works fine with my IPad 2 but I just use the card reader. What I really need is an app that I can pick which photos I would like to save to the iPad instead of uploading all of them. When I'm looking at my game cam it could be upwards of 2000 pics. Any advice?

I thought the Photo app gave you the opportunity to select the fotos you want to import, doesn't it!? I try to check it later (I don't have to connection kit with me right now) and let you know.

Johannes

plowboy1065

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It does allow you to check which photos to import but you can only see small thumbnails. Looking for a way I can see the full size picture and then decide whether I'd like to import or not

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2