Bunch of questions about eReader apps/online books...
1) What file format(s) can eBooks be?
2) Which file formats correspond to which eReader apps?
3) What eReader apps can read the largest variety of file formats?
4) If I buy a book using one app (say I by a book using the stock app, iBooks), can I get it to show up in a different eReader app (like kindle or nook)?
5) If the same eBook can be opened in different apps, will annotations/notes written in one app show up in another?
6) What's everyone's favorite eReader app?
- 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM #2
- 05-07-2012, 09:36 PM #3
As it stands right now, with the exception of .pub and .pdf and .txt files, none of the e-readers can interpret a competitor's e-book format. Naturally, they want to make it so that you can only purchase products specifically for their products. I could be mistaken, though.
Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
- 05-08-2012, 06:35 AM #5