Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default iMessage on iPad 2 question

Anyway to change my iMessage name on my iPad? Right now, when I iMessage someone from my iPad, it appears in their messages as the email I have tied to my itunes account. Anyway to change that so those receiving my iMessages see my name or phone number rather than my email?

Go to Settings-Messages and then scroll down to 'Receive At' and then change the selection from your Apple ID to your phone number. By doing so, your name will appear on the recipient's device as he or she has it listes in their contact list.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 05-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Not unless u have a 3G iPad that has a number then it would show that number but there is no way to show your iPhones number

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Go to Settings-Messages and then scroll down to 'Receive At' and then change the selection from your Apple ID to your phone number. By doing so, your name will appear on the recipient's device as he or she has it listes in their contact list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Not unless u have a 3G iPad that has a number then it would show that number but there is no way to show your iPhones number
    I have a wifi only ipad. I don't have the option to select a phone number when I select 'Received At.'
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

Then no there's no way to do it, but if they put your email under your contact card in there phone it will show up with your name on there device

Quote Originally Posted by Calebswag7 View Post
    Then no there's no way to do it, but if they put your email under your contact card in there phone it will show up with your name on there device
    Calebswag is on-point in answering your question.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Quote Originally Posted by Calebswag7 View Post
    Yup unless you have a 3G or Lte iPad .. That email address is why iMessage works on a wifi iPad

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Yup unless you have a 3G or Lte iPad .. That email address is why iMessage works on a wifi iPad

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Of course. ...

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

Default Re: iMessage on iPad 2 question

I'm assuming you have to have that service activated? The one I was given is enabled VZW is gouging me enough! I don't see anything but email.

I could be comparing apples to oranges and iOS is sooooo much better but I could have my name and pic with BBM. #itsthelittlethings