New Iphone / Ipad user advice needed

JasonTennant

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Firstly I would like to say hi.

I have been a very loyal and outspoken user of Blackberry for many a year. I have stood fast and ridiculed the Iphone for years and stuck with Blackberry through good and bad times.

However, although I am still a Blackberry fan, I realise that Iphone has much more to offer and after much deliberation I decided to jump ship to the Apple camp.

But you don't want to hear about that,

Anyway, as a new Iphone user I was blown away by the device and I am now kicking myself for not switching sooner. I purchased an Iphone 4 (8gig in white) and absolutely love it....... So much so that I purchased an Ipad (again white but 16 gig wifi version).

I am still learning to use both devices to their full potential but have a question to ask please.

Movies....

I love watching movies on both devices and have a collection of movies brought over from my Blackberry days. Unfortunately they are in a very low resolution so i am in the process of downloading movie and also transferring some of my dvd's onto the Ipad.

I am struggling with what format to use.... I have a free program called format factory that has presets for iphone and ipad. But if I convert to ipad then the file size is very large. If I convert to iphone size, when I watch on my ipad the quality and resolution isn't as good as it should be.

Can anyone offer any solutions as to programs to use etc to convert to a suitable format for viewing on both devices.

Also what is the difference between MP4 or M4v with regards quailty etc.....

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

Jason

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW