Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default iPad 2 on the way

i couldn't fight the price drop any longer when the new iPad was announced, so I have an iPad 2 on the way with Otterbox's new iProtection defender series case for it. pretty darn excited. I'm a junior in college, any apps I should be looking at from day 1?
    iMore Intermediate

congrats! And enjoy your iPad 2! Though The new iPad update to Retina display, but I think the iPad 2 still amazing and worth keeping!
    Maybe these list of apps you could choose from:
    Top 20 Free Apps for Your New iPad
    Best iPad 2 apps - Pocket-lint

Global Posts
    22,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by summerlin18 View Post
    i couldn't fight the price drop any longer when the new iPad was announced, so I have an iPad 2 on the way with Otterbox's new iProtection defender series case for it. pretty darn excited. I'm a junior in college, any apps I should be looking at from day 1?
    Congratulations on your new toy. I have no doubt that you will enjoy it. I could be wrong, but I doubt you will long for a retina display on your iPad 2 especially after you've turned it on and witnessed for yourself how gorgeous and bright its screen is. Anyway, congratulations again and have a great weekend.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Congrats! I picked up an iPad 2 on Friday with the defender case and love it. Wonder what the new otter box has different for the iPad 2?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts

Yeah, I did the same. I was replacing a gen 1 16gb model and just could not pass up the $100 off. I did buy from Best Buy though so I can check out the new iPad and simply exchange it if it is really worth it.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,494 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Bought mine yesterday. Was waiting for the price drop.
    Now I don't have to wait for my wife to fall asleep to use hers.
    Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

I'm in the same boat. I just got a credit limit bump on my Walmart card and the price drop is too much to pass up for me. I'm going to have to get the 16 GB iPad 2. Is the Camera all that bad?

Setting it up and downloading my purchased apps was effortless. I see why so many people got these. I also see why the Android Tablets are failing. Apple didn't have to sue Samsung to stop them. All they had to do was the new iPad and the price drop on the iPad 2. This thing TOTALLY ROCKS!!
    Last edited by DARK_BLU; 03-11-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    If you listen to metal, come and check out my tunes:
    http://darkblu.com
    Guitar Nerd, Shred Beast, Illustrator, Mac Tech lover
    MA356LL/A - MacPro1,1, w/ 2X2.66GHz Dual Core Xeons (4 Cores, total). 250GB HDD/160GB HDD. 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion.
    iPhone 5C Green, Macbook Pro Early 2008, 2.4Ghz, 4GB, Geforce 8600GTS 256mb, 250GB HDD, Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 , iPad2 16GB Black, iOS 7.0.3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Went to Walmart tonight and got an iPad 2 16 GB black. I look like an Apple Fanboi now with a Macbook Pro, iPhone 4S and iPad 2. LOL!!!! Where is iCloud? No iCloud on the iPad 2?
    If you listen to metal, come and check out my tunes:
    http://darkblu.com
    Guitar Nerd, Shred Beast, Illustrator, Mac Tech lover
    MA356LL/A - MacPro1,1, w/ 2X2.66GHz Dual Core Xeons (4 Cores, total). 250GB HDD/160GB HDD. 2GB RAM. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Lion.
    iPhone 5C Green, Macbook Pro Early 2008, 2.4Ghz, 4GB, Geforce 8600GTS 256mb, 250GB HDD, Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 , iPad2 16GB Black, iOS 7.0.3
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Make sure your iPad is on 5.0 some still got 4.33

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hahn View Post
    Congrats! I picked up an iPad 2 on Friday with the defender case and love it. Wonder what the new otter box has different for the iPad 2?
    it now has a built in screen protector like the iphone defender case, and it's just beefier all around as opposed to the old one

check out the otterbox website, it looks pretty nice
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by DARK_BLU View Post
    Went to Walmart tonight and got an iPad 2 16 GB black. I look like an Apple Fanboi now with a Macbook Pro, iPhone 4S and iPad 2. LOL!!!! Where is iCloud? No iCloud on the iPad 2?
    Peligro911 is spot on, I had to update mine.

it now has a built in screen protector like the iphone defender case, and it's just beefier all around as opposed to the old one

check out the otterbox website, it looks pretty nice
    I did, and It does look beefier and has the screen. I little buyers envy
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Congrats. I did the same....after receiving the info from the Keynote,
    I decided the iPad 2 fit my needs. I went to my local Apple Store & picked
    up 64 GB; wi-fi/ 3G white. I love it.