My apple story

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday I went and picked up my refurb 64 gig iPad 2 .. Smart cover and belkin snap shield secure .. I go home and start to play of course and the weirdest thing as soon as I put the back case in the digitizer stops working .. Only way to make it work is put it to sleep and re wake it . Then 30 sec later same thing .. Take cover off no issue

Then I decide well I'll just use the smart cover .. Planing to return a bad case .. This works ok for a bit then bam same prob.

So I remove smart cover using the iPad by it self .. Works fine .. 5 min go by ... Same prob ...

So I finally figured out I triggered this almost immediately Any time a magnet got close to the side or back of the iPad .. I googled and googled and could not find the same issue Any where ... With my case or iPad .. So I finally gave up went to bed

Today I booked a appointment at apple took all my cases and iPad in and explained the problem. They looked at me funny and asked to test it out.. Took my case .. Smart cover and iPad in the back .. 5 min later come out and say .. That's the strangest thing .. Takes number one for the day .. Lol .. Said my cases work fine and tested them on other iPads for me to make sure even thou I bought the belkin case else where.

He said my iPad had a defective magnet switch .. He Apologized came out with a brand new ( not refurb ) iPad 2 ... I watched him literally take the plastic shrink wrap off the box .. Handed it to me and said there you go this should work better ...

This is why I love Apple !!

Btw iPad 2 now works great !! With cases and all !

Also hope this helps any future owners if they ever have a similar issue ..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Awesome customer service! This is why my MacBook and iPhone have AppleCare +. And why I only own apple products.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm always surprised (although I shouldn't be) at how great the customer service is. I had a similar experience with them and they pretty much swayed me to Apple for the long haul.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I must say when it comes to Apple and Amazon, they really do offer a customer service level that surpasses other companies...

...period.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's pretty obvious why that iPad was a refurb. OP wasn't the first person to notice that particular unit's defect. Probably won't be the last, either...

Other than that, though, outstanding customer service. It's a shame that every other company doesn't follow the same philosophy. It's not like Apple is suffering because of their extensive customer service costs.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's pretty obvious why that iPad was a refurb. OP wasn't the first person to notice that particular unit's defect. Probably won't be the last, either...

Other than that, though, outstanding customer service. It's a shame that every other company doesn't follow the same philosophy. It's not like Apple is suffering because of their extensive customer service costs.

I'm sure it was but I knew apple had my back regardless that's why I got a refurb to start with .. They didn't even ask for a receipt ( I know they had it via serial number and apple Id ) but still amazing

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday I went and picked up my refurb 64 gig iPad 2 .. Smart cover and belkin snap shield secure .. I go home and start to play of course and the weirdest thing as soon as I put the back case in the digitizer stops working .. Only way to make it work is put it to sleep and re wake it . Then 30 sec later same thing .. Take cover off no issue

Then I decide well I'll just use the smart cover .. Planing to return a bad case .. This works ok for a bit then bam same prob.

So I remove smart cover using the iPad by it self .. Works fine .. 5 min go by ... Same prob ...

So I finally figured out I triggered this almost immediately Any time a magnet got close to the side or back of the iPad .. I googled and googled and could not find the same issue Any where ... With my case or iPad .. So I finally gave up went to bed

Today I booked a appointment at apple took all my cases and iPad in and explained the problem. They looked at me funny and asked to test it out.. Took my case .. Smart cover and iPad in the back .. 5 min later come out and say .. That's the strangest thing .. Takes number one for the day .. Lol .. Said my cases work fine and tested them on other iPads for me to make sure even thou I bought the belkin case else where.

He said my iPad had a defective magnet switch .. He Apologized came out with a brand new ( not refurb ) iPad 2 ... I watched him literally take the plastic shrink wrap off the box .. Handed it to me and said there you go this should work better ...

This is why I love Apple !!

Btw iPad 2 now works great !! With cases and all !

Also hope this helps any future owners if they ever have a similar issue ..

Yep...ppl that do not own Apple products do not understand abt the complete user experience. Personally customer service is another reason I ONLY purchase my Apple products from Apple Inc. not Best Buy, Walmart, Target etc.... :cool:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep...ppl that do not own Apple products do not understand abt the complete user experience. Personally customer service is another reason I ONLY purchase my Apple products from Apple Inc. not Best Buy, Walmart, Target etc.... :cool:

I would say that was true for some people but not everyone who does not own an Apple product. There are people who do not find them appealing.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

Petraw14

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought a new MacPro in August 2010, and a year's One to One. The following early summer, June-ish, I booked in at the local store to use my One to One for the first time. They had no record of it, even though that was where I bought it. They promptly gave me a new one year One to One contract, but running from THAT DAY!
As you say Wildo6882, that is Customer Service.
Ironically, I never needed to use it again, but it was comforting to KNOW it was there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen