refurb ipad 2 has a yellowish tint on display.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys just received my refurb. ipad 2 and the screen has a yellowish tint. this is especially noticeable compared with my other ipad 2 which has a bright white screen i googled this issue and people say there are two possible things: 1). its a glue used with manufacturing process of the screen. and it should evaporate in a few days and 2) the displays are done by different manufacturers and they may vary in quality/color. I did also call to apple tech support and they said that the previous owner may have had the screen replaced by the third party and when the ipad was going through the refurb. proccess they left the screen as it actually functions perfectly fine. So my question guys/girls did any of you have that issue and is it true that this tint may dissapear within a few days or i'd better simply return the device?thanks!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If it was blotches, yes it could disappear over a few days. A full slightly different tint is more and likely due to being manufactured at a different place and unlikley to change. Also, the refurbs were not rushed to production like some new iPhones can be when sold out everywhere so its almost certain not the glue.

Reactions: dalvik

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
so would you recommend me to return it or just keep it and get used to it?

Thats up to you if it bothers you or not. The next one may be the same. My iPhone 4S has a slight yellow tint compared to my wife's iPhone. That doesn't bother me. My slight yellowish tint never went away. To be honest, its easier on my eyes.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Thats up to you if it bothers you or not. The next one may be the same. My iPhone 4S has a slight yellow tint compared to my wife's iPhone. That doesn't bother me. My slight yellowish tint never went away. To be honest, its easier on my eyes.
i see... well i have 30 days to decide so if i wont be able to get used to it i'll return it... is your iphone also refurb or brand new? I'm asking that because I ran into another thread where people say yellowish displays are being installed mostly on refurb devices.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
i see... well i have 30 days to decide so if i wont be able to get used to it i'll return it... is your iphone also refurb or brand new? I'm asking that because I ran into another thread where people say yellowish displays are being installed mostly on refurb devices.

I dont know if they are refurnbed or not. We both had our replaced at genius bar at Apple once. Mine for dead pixels and hers due to a phone became a brick. Genius bar claims they are not but I really don't know. As long as they look new and work fine, I'm ok either way.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Mine has a yellowish tint as well, never really bother me much. Just got to the point where I no longer notice it now, even next to other iPads whose owners claim theirs doesn't have it.

jin1219

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see someone also from San Fran! I got my refurb iPad days ago and it first had a consistent yellowish screen, after I followed some instruction online to keep it on for 48 hrs let the heat burn the glue, it seems whiter, but has a uneven yellow hint,top and left side are yellower. So just curious how does everyone end up with your yellowish iPad ?
It's my sec one,I'm thinking about return it and buy one on Craigslist,for it least I can see the screen first,but one thing I worry about is the battery, I can't tell if it's lasting in a few mins,anyone can help me out?

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I called AppleCare and spoke to them. they replaced it...I just dropped it off at ups store and gave them order number AppleCare rep gave me. UPS took care of packing and shipping. it was 1st Gen iPad...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just take it to apple they will swap it even the refeb has a one year warranty I have bought 2 iPad 2 refurb both had issues not your issue but issues .. Took them in and one they gave me a brand new one and other they had a replacement in stock

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234