How Many iPad Users Have An Android Phone?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I want to preface this by saying that I'm one of the few that completely loves both iOS and Android, and if my wife would let me (and if it was easier to swap phones on VZW) I would have an Android phone and an iPhone all the time and pick and choose depending on my mood of the day.

Preface #2: I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, an iPhone 4S, a Kindle Fire, and I have an iPad 2 that I got rather cheap in a trade deal. I'm having a great deal of difficulty deciding which ones to keep. I know most of you here would say sell the Nexus and the Fire. But, right now I'm looking at keeping the Nexus, the Fire, and the iPad, and selling the 4S. I love the Nexus and the 4S (and I think that if you're in the market for a new phone and don't pick a Nexus or a 4S, you're on drugs), but I'm not sure I want to give up 4G capability and the tether app that lets me tether the iPad and Fire to my Nexus. Plus, pure ICS is a HUGE step in the right direction for Android. When explaining it to people, I say it's the Android iPhone. :D The Fire is great for its portability and I love reading books on it. And as most of you know, the iPad is the best overall tablet in the game. But it really is an insanely tough decision.

Anyway, on to my question (s):

How many of you out there have an Android phone as your daily phone and have an iPad that you use frequently?

I'm also wanting to know if you think life would be easier with an iPhone and an iPad or if the two different ecosystems work for you?

Or do you wish you stuck with an Android phone and an Android tablet?

Just really any and all opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
i just posted my comment about this in another thread, so i wont repeat evrything i said there. but i'm one of those people who productively and proactively use an android phone and an ipad 2. i have a Galaxy S II Skyrocket and this is a fantastic device i love it just as much as i love my ipad and i find myself using ipad perhaps a bit more when I'm at home due to its large screen. I've tried many android tablets (last one was Asus TF Prime ) and returned them or sold on ebay. they all lag (at least in my experience) and have other issues like hardware for example... anyway to answer your question...
I feel that my life is pretty much easier with having an android phone and an ipad. eventhough with these devices belonging to two different ecosystems i get things done the most efficient way i need. otherwords I take the best from android and iOS. i'm not a fan of any company or operating system I find and i like to use best and stick with it untill something better comes up. android tablets at this moment leave a lot to be desired while ipad is really polished and just simple and efficient. oh and i showed ibooks 2 with few textbook samples to my wife today we both loved it..

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildo6882

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I did, when I first bought my iPad 2 back in July, I was still using the HTC Evo 4G, but I wasn't happy with it. No syncing between devices made it a pain for me.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
We have both Android and Apple devices; (also a webOS device). I like to keep all options open, and not be tied to one company. Too many flavours out there, don't want to eat just vanilla.

There are things we like about Android and things we like about Apple. I do wish that in the tablet realm there would be a bit more competiton, for that would benefit us all. I hope that Google with the pending Motorola purchase considers getting into the hardware business and create a halo line of goods. One where the customer can depend on timely updates, and great hardware.

Perhaps a good way to sum up my feelings would be, buy what you like and feel meets your needs.

:) :)

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response! I feel the same way that there are too many flavors out there to eat just one. I like many things that Android and iOS have to offer, so I don't want to confine myself to just one of them.

I, too, wish there was more competition in the tablet game. iPad is #1 by a long shot, and some competition would only make things better for the consumer.

I'm still trying to decide which route to go, but thanks so far for the responses!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did, when I first bought my iPad 2 back in July, I was still using the HTC Evo 4G, but I wasn't happy with it. No syncing between devices made it a pain for me.

Same here, but the syncing was a nonissue for me because at the time, my google account was my primary account and email, calendar, contacts and notes were easily synced between my devices and as for sharing documents and photos between the devices, I simply used my DropBox.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here, but the syncing was a nonissue for me because at the time, my google account was my primary account and email, calendar, contacts and notes were easily synced between my devices and as for sharing documents and photos between the devices, I simply used my DropBox.

Yeah, with things like Dropbox and Box, the syncing isn't really a problem. Plus with Google Music now, I can buy songs on iTunes that get automatically uploaded to my Google Music account, and if I buy a song on Google Music, it'll sync to my iTunes, as well.

One other big key is the $10 tether app that I have on my Nexus. If there was something like that for iPhone (without JBing) I'd be all over it. I know there is iTether, but it's only for JBed devices, and it was in the App Store for a brief minute, but I can't hold out hope that it'll be back. And I don't want to abuse it the free tethering (especially since VZW might throttle me), but it's a nice option to have around.

TheUI

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, this is my first post on iMore and I hope with time I learn enough about iOS to help others along and become a more effective user myself.

How did I get here? Well, first there was Blackberry, but who has time for that...

It all started with an HTC G1 and then...a Moto Droid, Droid Incredible, Samsung Fascinate, HTC HD7 (WP7), Samsung Galaxy S (import), Samsung Epic 4G, HTC EVO 4G, Dell Venue Pro (WP7), Motorola Photon 4G, Epic Touch 4G, HTC Arrive (WP7), Motorola Xoom, B&N Nook Color, Asus Transformer, Viewsonic G-Tab, Samsung 10.1 and a Samsung 7.7. :eek:

Then for Christmas, my fiance drops a 16 GB White iPad 2 on me. Love it. Bar none, no contest, easily the best and most versitle tablet out there. The way I feel about it now is "iPad or don't bother." Otherwise I'll take the cash and put it towards a smashing laptop, because those "other guys," tablets don't have the software to make them very valuable. :eek:

A month later I'm daily driving my EVO 4G because I'm a tweaker and it has massive amounts of dev support, but decide to swing by Sprint and grab a 16GB White 4s. Love it as well. Apple needs to drop a 4inch retina HD this fall, but I love this phone.

The advantage to me, a busy guy, is, all the components are made to fit together so I dont have to spend a lot of time reviewing solutions and whether the ones I choose could be malignant or not. Everything kind of puts itself together behind the scenes in iOS and if for nothing more than the time that saves me, I find myself grabbing my iPhone when ducking out.

Just my .$.02. :cool:
:D

Last edited:

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I was using a Nexus S when I got my iPad from work. Syncing wasn't really an issue, with Evernote and Dropbox, but I fell in love with the OS and switched to an iPhone. Now I find myself using Notes and Reminders in place of some of my Evernote use and find it easier to manage.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was using a Nexus S when I got my iPad from work. Syncing wasn't really an issue, with Evernote and Dropbox, but I fell in love with the OS and switched to an iPhone. Now I find myself using Notes and Reminders in place of some of my Evernote use and find it easier to manage.

Thanks. See, I already know I love iOS, I just also know I love Android. I'm sure it would be much easier if I used only iOS, I'm just having an issue deciding if I want to limit myself to one platform. Vanilla ICS on my Nexus does seem to be lightyears ahead of Gingerbread, and is also much more user friendly, IMO. It really is a tough call for me.

Does anyone feel like their iPad is just a bigger version of their phone? That's one thing I worry about, too.

Again, thanks for all the replies! I definitely appreciate it!

petaf

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Guilty!! I have an iPhone 4S, an iPad 2, a retired Nexus One (which I can't seem to give up), and now an HTC Vivid. I usually leave the house with both phones. I must say I do love tinkering around with the widgets on Android, plus love the big screen on the Vivid. Is the iPhone a miniature iPad with a phone built in? Probably. :p

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. See, I already know I love iOS, I just also know I love Android. I'm sure it would be much easier if I used only iOS, I'm just having an issue deciding if I want to limit myself to one platform. Vanilla ICS on my Nexus does seem to be lightyears ahead of Gingerbread, and is also much more user friendly, IMO. It really is a tough call for me.

Does anyone feel like their iPad is just a bigger version of their phone? That's one thing I worry about, too.

I don't find the iPad merely a bigger iPhone, simply because so many apps are iPad specific. So to me it feels like they complement, not duplicate, each other.

Reactions: TheUI

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad, Android tablet, Droid X2, and iPhone 4s. After 2 years of using Droids I gave up. Android is simply too unstable and unfriendly for everyday use. I can't count the number of times my Droid locked up when I wanted to make a phone call. The turn by turn gps is great but not easy to use and not stable either. The Android cameras just pale compared to the 4s. So, I have a Droid X2 but it sits in the closet.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

There are some medical apps I need to sync with both.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I feel the exact same way you do..I love both android and iOS, which is why I sold my iPhone 4 and got the Epic Touch 4G..I love my iPad, but also love android..if the next iPhone has a bigger screen, then I may consider going back

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Thought a lot about the Galaxy Nexus. But no, Android is not for me.
I own a BB Bold 9900 at the moment and wil move to iPhone in near future.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thought a lot about the Galaxy Nexus. But no, Android is not for me.
I own a BB Bold 9900 at the moment and wil move to iPhone in near future.

Yeah, my issue is that I really like both Android and iOS and I can't decide if I want to use both or stick to one for easier syncing between products.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711