Can you lock certain apps with Passcode?

Osbornll86

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if there was a way to passcode lock certain apps? Like safari and youtube. We got our 3 and 4 yr old girls iPads but there is some things I dont want them on
Thanks

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
If you enable restrictions on the device, you can lock out certain apps. Yes.

Go to Settings, General, Restrictions -- and enable them.

Trodecke

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
You can still do this, kind of, with restrictions. In the same restrictions area of Settings, under allowed content, there is a setting for Apps. In there you can set the restriction to 4+, 9+, 12+, 17+, or all apps. I believe developers have to enter a rating (or Apple does it for them) when they submit an app to the store.

This method isn't perfect as you can't pinpoint a single app or two but you can keep young eyes from seeing things you don't want them to.

Osbornll86

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but I need to lock downloaded apps, not stock apps. How?

Not sure how to lock certain apps. Sorry I just wanted to block safari, youtube, app store, itunes stuff like that. Dont need to worry about certain apps if there is something I dont want them to open I dont download it

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Restrictions work the best but don't let them watch you go into settings my 4 year did and managed to put a passcode lock on the phone and couldn't remember what it was .. I has to do a restore lol I now have settings icon in a folder lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Restrictions work the best but don't let them watch you go into settings my 4 year did and managed to put a passcode lock on the phone and couldn't remember what it was .. I has to do a restore lol I now have settings icon in a folder lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

P911'
That is something
Good Luck

Dukeleto

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can you lock certain apps?

absolutely ridiculous that you can't do this, why are parental controls not a standard option??

LaciFreeze3

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
What about photo's? Like my friend was wondering if you can lock certain photo's so her younger sister doesn't see them. And plus, you can really delete the app. It's a company app that's already on there as soon as you get it. So what if there are certain photo's you want to lock, could you lock them..?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What about photo's? Like my friend was wondering if you can lock certain photo's so her younger sister doesn't see them. And plus, you can really delete the app. It's a company app that's already on there as soon as you get it. So what if there are certain photo's you want to lock, could you lock them..?
Not without the use of a 3rd-party or jailbreak app that has that feature.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner