Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

47 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default Using iPad 2 for school/business

This question is directed at people who use their iPads for in-class use in college and people who use their iPads for business. What are some advantages that you have found to using your iPad for either in class stuff or business ventures/stuff?

*Disclaimer. I currently have a MacBook and am in NO WAY trying to replace my computer with an iPad. I am just trying to find a better way take notes in class (and please don't say "just write them." My handwriting is atrocious, and I type much faster than I write), and other college things. I will continue to use my MacBook for major things, such as writing papers, doing research, etc.*
    iPhone Nanite

7 Posts

I have an insurance office. I use my iPad to access my server, client files, agency email, calendars, appointments, and can have forms signed in the field digitally with a stylus or just their finger.

I could do anything, actually more, with my iPad than I can with a laptop or desktop.

Couple of great apps

Jump Desktop - remote desktop
    PDF Expert- for PDF files (completion, typing, editing, signing) FTP access
    Numbers - for spreadsheets
    Pages - for documents
    Penultimate - for notes and as a scratchpad
    Notes - pretty much keep up with all other details of my life

Hope this helps.
    iPhone Newbie

19 Posts

I use my iPad for business. I am a freelancer. And I don't want to carry my laptop with me. I live with my iPad. Take it wherever I go so I can work wherever go bc there is an app for everything!
    I even poke my laptop when I'm at home bc I am so used to use iPad with my one finger!
    iMore Newbie

36 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts

I've tried to take notes with it before but its just not very effective compared to typing on a macbook. i was missing a lot of things and then just gave up on note taking on it.