13 year old with a iPad 2 buying question

Jmsully

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, I'm 13 years old and I want to buy an iPad 2. I would use it at school but mostly at home. I can afford the device with money to spare but I need some excuses things to say to my parents to let me buy one. Any suggestions?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's got the Notepad app, so you can take notes for classes and keep them organized.

It's got reminders and calendars, so you won't forget tasks and assignments.

Some textbooks are available for iBooks, you can highlight stuff, which you can't do in school issued ones.

The browser and various apps make it an instant research solution, too.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
First you need to check your school's policy on electronic devices. If you can't bring it to school for things like note-taking, that's going to put a huge damper on your plans.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
First you need to check your school's policy on electronic devices. If you can't bring it to school for things like note-taking, that's going to put a huge damper on your plans.

I know all the schools in my area don't allow iPads and stuff like that in class. I believe it's because they don't want the kids playing games and stuff on it while they are suppose to be working. I know I wouldn't let my son bring his iPad to school anyway. Too much chance of getting it lost or stolen.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk