Can this be done? I have two different email accounts on my iPad 2 (and eventually, an iPhone when I get one) and would like to assign different them separate alerts like I can on my Blackberry.

Thanks

C

p.s. I know there are apps that can be downloaded. Is this possible without an app, especially one that will require my email and other info be rerouted to another server?
    10-29-2011 10:11 PM
    No, not without a jailbreak.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    10-30-2011 12:05 AM
    No, not without a jailbreak.
    Not true. There's an app for that - MailTones. it has other issues (like potential security issues), but it works without jailbreaking. I use it to be able to use my phone as a pager for work.
    10-30-2011 12:16 AM
    Not true. There's an app for that - MailTones. it has other issues (like potential security issues), but it works without jailbreaking. I use it to be able to use my phone as a pager for work.
    I didn't know that! Thanks!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    10-30-2011 01:58 AM
    So unlike Blackberry, there's no easy/secure way to do this. Kinda sucks, IMHO.
    10-30-2011 11:27 AM
    Maybe boxcar cAn help

Sent from my iPhone 10
    10-31-2011 06:56 AM
    This can be done in iOS...
    12-15-2012 07:29 AM
    Just looked at the MailTones app in iTunes. $6.99 and the reviews are dreadful. Almost 300 1 star ratings and 124 5 stars.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    12-15-2012 08:03 AM
    Just looked at the MailTones app in iTunes. $6.99 and the reviews are dreadful. Almost 300 1 star ratings and 124 5 stars.
    I have had it for a couple of years, and it wasn't that expensive when I got it - maybe $3. It still works well for me, but from the reviews it does sound pretty bad. I would say caveat emptor applies. But it does work for me.

The biggest downside is that you have to forward the emails to their servers - which could be a HUGE security issue for some. In my case, the emails in question simply contain a problem ticket number that I use to access, investigate and resolve the work problem. Not sure that I'd feel comfortable forwarding any/all emails through their service, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-15-2012 08:57 AM
    Unlike!!! Too much $$$.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD
    12-16-2012 01:09 AM
    For an iPhone you can go to the Zedge website, select ringtones, you can play first then download what you want to computer.. But, you must convert that file to an nr4 file for I Phone.. Originally, it will probably be an mp3 file.To do that, you can convert it using the website Zanmar. It,s free to convert. simply follow instructions. After converting, plug your phone into your computer, then open I Tunes, ( you must have I Tunes ) click add file to library, choose file from you computer, add to tones, then sync to phone.( Be SURE you selected an nr4 and not an mp3 file ). After that, the tones should be on your phone under sounds. You should be able to go to phone > sounds> and choose what you want sound to be associate with. Ringtone, Text Tone, New Voice Mail, New Mail, Sent Mail, etc.. To associate "different tones for different mail accounts" on I phone, you go to notifications, select mail, select the individual mail account, click sounds, and select the tone you want associated with that account. You obviously have to have mail accounts set up FIRST in Mail> Contact> and Calendar's . I myself have four (4) email accounts on my phone, and all have a specific tone associated to each. You can have primary ringtone and mail tones to be all the same if you want, it,s you choice where you place, once there on your phone. You can even assign similar or different tones for different phone contacts
    12-22-2016 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD