Do you kill off apps in the multi-task drawer every now and then?

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you normally kill off apps from the multi-task drawer on your iPad2?

Every Apple store we have been to has told us we should do this every few days. They told us they get many people coming in saying their iPad is slow, only to have that be the reason.

It doesn't seem correct that one would need to do this that often. We also have another tablet (not an Apple) and never bother with its multi-task drawer and all is fine.

Appreciate to know what others experience is.

Thanks
:)

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you normally kill off apps from the multi-task drawer on your iPad2?

Every Apple store we have been to has told us we should do this every few days. They told us they get many people coming in saying their iPad is slow, only to have that be the reason.

It doesn't seem correct that one would need to do this that often. We also have another tablet (not an Apple) and never bother with its multi-task drawer and all is fine.

Appreciate to know what others experience is.

Thanks
:)

I have like a OCD clearing my task bar, my wife on the other hand never clears hers, and she never has any issues so I think u don't need to worry about it slowing things down much we both have a iPhone 4 , I do keep what ever I am messing with at the time open in it though since its so quick to jump between the apps

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have like a OCD clearing my task bar, my wife on the other hand never clears hers, and she never has any issues so I think u don't need to worry about it slowing things down much we both have a iPhone 4 , I do keep what ever I am messing with at the time open in it though since its so quick to jump between the apps

Same here. I know it doesn't really do any harm to leave the apps in the drawer, but I feel compelled to clean them out once in a while.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I clear mine out every couple hours. Its the OCD in me. For sure though it's the last thing I do every night before I go to bed. :)

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Not too often, perhaps once a week or so. I don't normally notice any slowdown the memory management of iOS has all ways been really good, most things are handled automatically.

I probably don't need to do it each week, I just do it as a bit of a geeky OCD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I clear mine out every couple hours. Its the OCD in me. For sure though it's the last thing I do every night before I go to bed. :)

I'm pretty much the same way. Whenever I think of it I close everything out. Usually every few hours.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Does slightly help battery life even though they are "frozen" in place. I'm sure it still takes resources to freeze them in place.

laurido92

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I clear my iPhone 4 regularly but not so much with my iPad 2. That one gets cleared whenever I remember. Haven't really had any issues.

twiktor

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I cleared mine the moment I saw the post. Like the others I have a bit of an OCD Task clearing tick. Good to see so many others in the club.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal