Thoughts on the split keyboard

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
This split keyboard is nice. I really like this feature. It just feels natural to me. In landscape and portrait mode. Just wondering what others think?

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I'll be honest I hate it. I just can't get used to it. I think I've put in so much time with the standard portrait and landscape keyboards that I'm more than used to them now. Anything different just feels... well, .. wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't updated my iPad 2 yet to test it fully, however, I tried it out on my sisters iPad 1 today and didn't care for it too much. Maybe I'll be ok with it once I do the update on mine and use it more often.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This split keyboard is nice. I really like this feature. It just feels natural to me. In landscape and portrait mode. Just wondering what others think?

Not a big fan. But then, I never could get used to those Microsoft "natural" keyboards with the split layout, either.

Last edited:

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I love that we have the option now and it's what I use most of the time now, but the keys are too small, especially in landscape. They need to be bigger because balancing the iPad in your hands takes away some of your typing accuracy.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a good idea. Gonna take some time for me to get used to. But I do see myself using the regular more than the split.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I like the idea of having the split keyboard as an option, but not a fan of using it yet. I kinda got use to the regular keyboard. The split keyboard is a little smaller and I know it's gonna take some getting use to. Lately, I've just been using the regular keyboard. Not yet fully loving the split keyboard yet.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've tried it and I'm not a fan of it. Maybe I need to type everything with it split, but as soon as it starts annoying me (which usually happens immediately), I put it back together.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I love it I find I'm not quite as fast as with the regular keyboard but getting better with practice. It's just easier when holding the iPad I agree with the previous comments about using the reg one when the iPad is able to be put down on a lap or stand though.

creighton

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the split keyboard but I really wish there was on option to keep the keyboard docked at the bottom, but split. As best I can tell, when the keyboard is split is cannot be docked, which like someone else mentioned, results in the keyboard covering the text being typed in many situations. Hopefully a dock option will be added for it in a future update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox