iPad 2 screen durability?

Seeker2787

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey all... I just bought my iPad 2 and I love it. My only constant worry is the screen. I bought an invisible shield screen protector and put it in a full body cover that is made of the fake leather looking stuff with grooves so it converts into a stand. My question is if that protection is good enough to put it in a backpack with a textbook, notebook, etc... And not have to worry about pulling it put with a broken screen. I have searched around for a hard case with a soft inside. (similar to a gun case or something that has a hard aluminum outside and that soft egg foam padding or something on the inside) but haven't found anything. I did end up getting a laptop sleeve that covers the portfolio/iPad hoping it would be ok for long walks across campus.

If someone could offer some help or advice that could put my mind to rest, I would definitely appreciate it.
Thanks

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have one of these for my mac after I got one for my sister for her birthday. They seem to have an ipad version too
Ipad Neoprene Stylish Sleeve
It's soft and feels good when you touch it. I liked it for my laptop (since it goes inside my computer) since I can just pull it out without having to take out those other cases with zipper, unzip then get it out.

Some people who worry about their screen a lot try to avoid things with zippers, and whats nice is that this has no zippers! just put it in your backpack and just tuck your iPad in when not in use and your good to go!

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I suppose if you are really rough with your backpack, a hard case would be an advantage. I've never really looked for something like that, but it probably exists. It probably wouldn't be too hard to build something with some hard case for some other use and some dense foam.

However, if all you need is a typical sleeve (like people use for laptops), there are tons of options for the iPad. If you don't want to spend much money right now, just do what I did and get a bubble envelope at the post office. For like $1 you've got pretty decent protection, and it is super simple to slip in and out. You can also put some velcro on it or find some other creative way to keep the top shut. It also makes it a bit less obvious you have an iPad in your backpack (at least for those who haven't seen you taking it in and out).

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I wish that I could reassure you. However, the IPad screen is made of Gorilla glass. It is only slightly than the windshield on your car. It is as fragile as your windows. It can be scratched by diamonds and broken by a well hit baseball. It is only slightly harder than the metal case. There is almost no chance that it will stand up to the kind of abuse and.misuse that you contemplate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2