Too Late To Buy iPad 2?

1of2000

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I would like to purchase a iPad 2 but wondering if I missed out due to the release cycle.

What do you all think ... if the iPad 3 is released in say March would you consider buying the iPad 2 today?

zdkaram#IM

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Great question.....

I did not buy the iPad or iPad 2 when it came out. However, I just bought an iPad 2 last week. My reasoning rests upon me wanting to enjoy the next 6-7 months with one. And I don't think anyone has a problem getting rid of theirs. iPads hold their value.

Don't live in fear my friend. These are amazing products. Enjoy them while you can!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep! Bought mine last month and don't regret it. There will always be something new coming.

---
- Mistress of Mischief

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's not too late at all. I love mine. Besides, the next iPad isn't coming out for at least another 7 months. You can always sell your iPad 2 later and use the money to get the iPad 3 when it does come out. Apples resale value is very high right now, so you should be able to get a fair amount back from the sale.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I just picked mine up this week. I had consider holding off due to all the iPad 3/pro rumors. Also my original iPad worked fine still. I ultimately choose to get one & am loving my decision. If Apple does come out with one this year I'll get over it. This one is great & my wife loves having one all to herself.

So my answer is you really can't go wrong & unlike the touchpad, you won't have to worry about Apple stop supporting it.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that it's too late to pick it up, the iPad 2 is a remarkable piece of hardware. As said above, there will always be something better out there.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Good choice. Waiting for an iPhone 5 at this point makes sense. Waiting until March or who knows when for the next iPad doesn't. Enjoy it for the next six months and upgrade to the 3 for $150-$200.

michaelone#IM

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
As soon as HP announced about dumping the webOS hardware, I put my Touchpad on ebay and had it sold in 2 hours. Then this last Saturday I went to Best Buy to look at the HTC Flyer. I wanted a tablet for taking handwritten notes in the truck. After looking at it I looked at all the rest of the tablets. My wife pointed out the ipad2 on an end of the display area and I went to take a look. Wow. To my eye it was much better quality than the other devices. I went home and did some more research. Later that day I bought one. I've been filling it with apps since. Logmein to access my work PC, Evernote, YPMobile, Noteshelf, Toodledo, I'm using this for work and while I'm brand new at it, it's working better than I expected. Having drunk the Koolaid with my first Apple product, I'm looking at the iphone 5 when that comes out - if my launch day pre holds out that long. So for me it wouldn't make sense to wait for the next version. I needed a solution now and I think I got a good one.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm also buying an iPad 2 later this week! I'm so excited! I was hesitant when the rumors were flying, but I need a solution NOW, not in a few months.

I'm going to use mine for notetaking and hopefully organization for school this semester! So far in my lit class, all of the required texts are in iBooks :)

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely go for the buy! It's an amazing product, I bought mine back in June and loved it since. Yeah it's rumored to come in march but they def have a high resale you can use to buy the iPad 3 once it comes out. Until then you get to enjoy an amazing product!

CD1X

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely recommend buying one now!! I just brought mine today and Im loving it....this thing is butterly smooth and now my Galaxy Tab 10.1 is collecting dust....lol