iPad 2 screen problem! :( Anyone else?? PLEASE help!

Does your iPad have the ghosting/slow refresh rate described below?

• Total voters

jellymelly

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else with an iPad 2 having really bad ghosting on the screen (slow response rate/ slow refresh time, etc)?

I got mine in early april and when I'm scrolling text it leaves a trail behind and you can barely see the moving text because it becomes so blurry when it's moving. I notice it everytime when I'm using the twitter app.

It's even worse when I'm playing games with stuff moving around quickly such as real racing 2 HD: The non-moving stuff on the screen like the steering wheel stays sharp, but the moving background is basically unwatchable because it's blurry as hell.

I'm not sure if this is a defect or it's just the screen apple puts in the iPads. Can someone please verify this? Really devastated because games look absolute crap on my iPad2 :(

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, take it to apple ... I once exchanged a iPhone 4 because of the sharpness of the LCD. They are known to take great care of their customers.

jellymelly

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Alright then. So it looks like I will have to take it back. But now that Apple has patched te iPad 2 jailbreak I won't be able to jailbreak the replacement :(

I can take it back within the one year warranty time frame right? I want to take it back only when a jailbreak is available. :p probably going to have to wait a bit but hopefully they can jb iOS5

So
1. can I still take it back as long as it's within the 1 year warranty period?
2. do they give ou new or refurb units for the replacement?
3. Is the replacement always updated to the latest iOS version?

Thanks. I have never had a defective apple product before and I've never been to the genius bar :p

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There's a pretty good chance that you will get a replacement with a version of iOS less that the lastest from Apple - it depends on what is on the units already "in the pipe".

The fact that you've had your iPad since April, you're already past the "return period" for almost all stores. You do have a warranty of 1 year from Apple, and I'd suggest going to Apple for assistance.

It's possible that you might get a new unit, but in my experience, it's more likely that you will get a refurb. Again, it depends on what they have in stock at the time you take it back, and what the store rep/Genius decides to offer. Can't speak for the sales reps at other stores, but the Apple store Geniuses have a reasonable amount of leeway in dealing with these types of situations.

As far as never having had a defective Apple product, welcome to the club. But even quality gear has an occasional glitch.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2