7 inch iPad?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually have two tablets, both Android. Both are Samsung - a 10.1 and a 7" Galaxy Tab. The 10.1 is actually nicer in the hands than the iPad, and the apps are good, but my iPhone 4 has a bigger collection of quality apps on it. But I always grab my 7" tablet, even though the 10.1 is nicer to look at, has the newest OS, is faster and lighter for it's size, etc. It's just more convenient in the smaller form factor. It's like carrying a paperback book rather than a clipboard.

So, if Apple makes a 7" iPad I'm first in line. Any hope of that?

I did a search, but as is common with search engines on forums, I didn't find what I was looking for. Hopefully this hasn't been kicked around too much!

Nanite??? :p

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It would be wonderful to have a 7" iPad. That might sway me to ditch my Galaxy Tab and finally be all in Apple. But the 10" form factor is not for me.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Used to think a 7" would be nice but after holding a BB Playbook in my hands I hated the size! To me if you're already going bigger than a phone screen you might as well make it worth while!! Absolutely love the screen on my iPad 2 and don't find it bulky at all! To each their own I guess!!

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd be in line right after you. The iPad is just a bit to big to work with comfortably in the hands. A 7" version would be just perfect.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see an 8" iPad. I've seen pictures and videos of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy 8" tab and it looks like it is just the right size.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a 7" iPad. They make a housing for my car that snaps on above the radio that is meant to hold a 7" screen and a friend has a android tab in one. But I am not as comfortable with android as I am with iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

tombubi

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually find the 10 inch ipad quite comfortable to work with, but a 7inch one may also offer a different and interesting experience.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I actually have two tablets, both Android. Both are Samsung - a 10.1 and a 7" Galaxy Tab. The 10.1 is actually nicer in the hands than the iPad, and the apps are good, but my iPhone 4 has a bigger collection of quality apps on it. But I always grab my 7" tablet, even though the 10.1 is nicer to look at, has the newest OS, is faster and lighter for it's size, etc. It's just more convenient in the smaller form factor. It's like carrying a paperback book rather than a clipboard.

So, if Apple makes a 7" iPad I'm first in line. Any hope of that?

I did a search, but as is common with search engines on forums, I didn't find what I was looking for. Hopefully this hasn't been kicked around too much!

Nanite??? :p

And then Steve declared, there shall only be one iPad size. And it was so.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Their is no one size fits all. They should make different sizes for different people.

The demand will dictate the products that are available. if you want a 7" tablet device and Apple doesn't make a 7" model, you have to get something else. If enough people get something else, Apple will reevaluate and may do it. Then again, Apple could very well say go buy the other one. Or they could choose to develop one. The market and demand will definitely decide it.

Personally, I don't see the fascination... but Mr Baskins and Mr Robbins have 31 flavors of ice cream because not everyone likes chocolate or vanilla.

Last edited:

ubuntudroid

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Well Steve Jobs said 7" tablets are DOA! So I would doubt they will. However the Galaxy tab and PlayBooks are selling decent enough. I think they should but I'm not Stevo!