Own both iPad2 and iP4, but notifications are only showing up on one or the other...

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I use both an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4. Both are setup pretty much the same and both are setup with the same email address, yet when I receive an email to that address, only one of the iDevices receive the notification and updates the badge in the email icon. usually it's the iPhone and not the iPad, but it has happened a couple times where the iPad got the notification but the iPhone did not. This happens with Words with Friends as well. Is this normal? If I have two iDevices that share the same apple ID, can only one of them get push notifications?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
They're not like a home phone where both will ring if a call comes in. Notifications can only go to one or the other.

If you want push notifications on both, you'll need separate accounts for what's being pushed. Not Apple ID's, but different WWF accounts so that you can get your notifications on both devices, or different email addresses for each, etc.

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Ah, thank you for your response. Is there a way to set up the iPhone and iPad so I can specifically tell which device gets certain notifications and which device doesn't? For example, I want all my email notifications to go to my phone, but I still want to be able to access my email from both devices. Thank you!

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I did not do anything special to make that happen. I have the same email accounts on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. The notifications go to the phone but I can check email on both. I'm not sure if thats because I had my iPhone first or what...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you want the phone to get the mail notification, try setting the phone to Push for mail and the iPad to Manual. Or if both are set to Fetch have the phone check for new mail more frequently.

For games/apps just look in Settings>Notifications and turn on/off as you wish.

Hup55

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's weird because I have my email set up on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2 and my emails get sent to both?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I use Boxcar on my iPhone for notifications and set the mail option to manual. I then set my iPad to Push. I get both notifications at the same time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2