Ive Officially been converted to Apple

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
iPad 2 has made me a fan

So after using my iPhone and falling in love with how easy it is to use and how reliable it has been I broke down and bought an ipad2. I used to think I would never own one after all I could buy a laptop for way cheaper and they did more stuff. Well I was bored in best buy and started playing in the tablet section after comparing all of them I could not believe how smooth and fast the ipad2 was compared to the rest, went home and did some research and decided to go for it and I will admit it is so much better than my laptop! I can use it for hours on end, it's light enough to use without feeling weighed down and it doesn't light my lap on fire like my laptop but the best thing I find is the screen is so clear and the perfect size you can read and watch videos comfortably. I am officially an Apple fan and I have never been happier!

Also I have the iPad2 in a hip street leather executive folio cover for now as soon as life proof releases their case that's where it will reside.

Last edited:

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. I've had an iPod for years, then a Touch (that I didn't need/want as a gift). Wife gets an iPad2 and loves it. My PC dies last week and it's iMac 27" for me. What a beautiful display. It's all about the visuals with this thing. I'm still getting used to the OS though, but it won't take long. No more Windows pimping me all day for updates and firewalls and popup killers. What a freaking racket that is. I did Windows for 17 years. Now I just plug in my 6 year old HP printer and it's ready to print, no drivers and all that BS. What a treat.

Last edited:

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The only thing stopping me from getting a Mac is my accounting program I use for my business is windows only. I will admit I have been looking at those amazing MacBook pro's if they come out with an Apple version of the program I'll swap to Apple next day!

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The only thing stopping me from getting a Mac is the price tag. LOL. I'm still paying for my current laptop I don't even want to think about more financing.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I know, there's some Windows-only stuff. I've still got a Dell laptop. I backed up my old PC with Carbonite, and you can't restore a PC backup to a Mac, so I had to use the laptop as the bridge, and a thumb drive to move it over. Hassle but it works.
No they aren't cheap. But the eMachines PC that went toes up was about 17 months old, cost me about $600. Money down the drain. I hope this thing lasts, and I don't have to buy a photo editing, a cleanup program, antivirus software, music converting software, Microsoft Office, all that garbage.

Last edited:

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The only thing stopping me from getting a Mac is the price tag. LOL. I'm still paying for my current laptop I don't even want to think about more financing.

They are more but have u found a windows laptop with real aluminum frame or glass touchpad the HP I have now is all chewed up and scratched from hauling it and I baby everything I own if it was aluminum the thing would last forever I figure you gotta pay a premium for premium products and build quality and if I can run my accounting I will gladly pay for the MacBook pro.

I agree other than accounting the iPad does everything I used my laptop for and I only use the laptop now for my billing the iPhone and iPad pretty much cover all my other needs.

Last edited:

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I too come from using BlackBerry. I can't believe I stuck with that dinosaur of a platform for so long!! Everything about the iPhone is light years ahead! I've had every generation of iPod Touch throughout the years & loved them so decided to get an iPhone! By far the best choice I've ever made! Now I have an iPad 2 on the way from Apple. She's all Apple here! The only thing I haven't changed is my two Windows PC's! Maybe that's next!

jvwong96

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Windows on Mac

The only thing stopping me from getting a Mac is my accounting program I use for my business is windows only. I will admit I have been looking at those amazing MacBook pro's if they come out with an Apple version of the program I'll swap to Apple next day!

You can load windows on mac I've heard using a virtual machine since mac went to using intel chipsets. Personally I'm a PC person but I'm writing this response on my iPad 2 :)

Reactions: Arbor12

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm slowly making the transition, myself. I've had a Touch since they were released, along with a Nano. I avoided the iPhone because of ATT but will be getting one as my next device on VZW in March (sooner if I can afford it. I can't wait to ditch my BBerry). My iPad 2 will be shiped in early June and I just installed Apple TV on Tuesday. Loving it all!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I went through the process last year... like many others, I've been using iPods for years... my first was the 15 gb classic (gen 2?)... eventually to the iPod Touch... after years on the BlackBerry platform, my son-in-law defected to the iPhone... I played with it a bit, and saw how easy it was to use - like an iPod Touch with a phone... so in June I got the iPhone 4... then in July I decided to get an iPad... loved it, too. In September my HP laptop started to fail, and I replaced it with a Macbook Pro... when my Linksys wireless router started to fail, I replaced it with a TimeCapsule backup device with an internal 802.11n router...

Since that time, I replaced my wife's Toshiba laptop with a Macbook Air (11"), and I upgraded to the iPad2 (sold the original iPad)... and I am sold on the Apple product line...

I also bought a couple of AppleTVs and a Mac Mini to serve all of my ripped movies to the AppleTVs... no more grandkids scratching, breaking, losing or smearing peanut butter on the DVDs... just rip 'em, put them away and watch the movies on the AppleTV. Life is good.

Now, if I had a nickel for every nickel that I spent on Apple products, I'd have all my money back! :cool:

UPDATE: We just upgraded the MBA to a 21" iMac for the wife... we're totally a Mac family now... and the MBA goes with me everywhere I go.

Last edited:

Ckwilson

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am slowly converting too. started with an iPod years ago, then got a touch, kids took it over. Then bought another touch, kids took it too! Bought myself an iPad 2, kids tried to take it, had to finally lay down the law. Lol. Love this iPad, couldn't live without it now! I have an android phone, but not for long! Lol.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Back in the early 2000's I was staunchly anti-apple, my first mp3 player was a creative zen xtra, because I was anti iPod, then when that died I got a creative zen vision m to replace it, I was still raging against the machine.

Then the iPhone was announced, I fell in love with it, I couldnt justify buying the first one, but I wanted it hardcore, then the 3G launched and I had to get it. I wound up waiting in a line to pick it up at an apple store an hour from my house, and that was it. I'm hooked now. Got the iPhone 4, 160 gb iPod classic, iPad 2, and an apple tv. I might get a Mac somewhere down the road, but not anytime soon. I like building my own computers, and I love the customizability of a pc, no problem getting cheap components and throwing them in, playing with them for a while and then upgrading. I will wind up doing a hackintosh at some point, just have to find the time.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Update been away working sorry for the delay! I actually returned the Ipad I was completely in love with how awesome it worked for mobile internet, using it to read pdf wiring diagrams and my supplier catalogs out in the field etc. I just couldnt stand the mobile versions of web sites!! I dont understand how something so great at internet browsing and with such a large and impressive screen can force mobile versions of web sites. I figure in the next little while they will figure out a way to make it all work but for now I am back to the lap top and iphone 4. I couldnt justify $700 for something that would only pull up half screen half info versions of web sites my iphone 4 works just fine and although I will miss the pdf reader its just to big of an expense for that one use, Hopefully they will fix this small issue soon and I can once again buy another ipad and enjoy all the cool features.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence about an iPad2. Already have relatively new HP desktop and laptop, plus an iPhone4. Not sure what use the iPad2 would be beyond what I already have - afraid if I get one, the others will sit around unused (wasted bucks?)

Comment to Turbo_Lemon: I'm stunned that the iPad2 doesn't have the option to view web pages in their original format. The iPhone4 DOES have that option - or maybe because I JB'd it. You would think the iPad2 would as well. Very odd. And it would be a deal breaker for me, too.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the process of getting an iPad. I missed out on the $399 64GB iPad 1 through Verizon so I'll likely go with a 32GB refurbished one through Apple.

I originally waited to see what the tablet market would do but it still looks like the iPad is the leader with the most tablet optimized apps.

I don't think I would convert to a Mac though (other than a hackintosh), mainly because I like building my own computers and most of the software and games I use are PC only.

But I do have an 80GB iPod classic after first having a 1st Gen 1GB iPod Nano.

tombubi

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
One and a half years ago, I laughed at my friends who were getting iphones, but now I am dying to see the next gen of iphone and will buy it as soon as it is avaliable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro