Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Unhappy Help recovering stolen iPads

Hello peeps,

Well a unfortunate thing happened to me recently. I had 2 iPads stolen from me! One was my personal iPad 2 and the other was my work's iPad. Both were WiFi only models and were in my backpack. To make a long story short and to get to the gist of the problem, I had both iPads WiFi turned off, but only mine was locked. They both had "Find My iPhone" apps installed and ready for tracking purposes, but I cannot ever locate them using Find My iPhone. I was told by Apple employees that unfortunately unless WiFi is turned on they cannot be located. In the case of my iPad 2, which is locked, the chances of the thief to turn on my WiFi are slim to none. So my question to you all out there is: Is there any way or ideas that could help my locate or track these stolen iPads?

Thanks for any help!
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts

Did you have any security markings on them that the police could use to help trace them? That would only be of use though if the pads were to be 'recovered'...
    iPhone Pro

555 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Have you tried again to relocate them? Where were you when this happened? By the way, that's why I bought the 3G iPad, to track my iPad down unless I lost it or if it got stolen.