Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default iOS Multi-Tasking Gestures

iOS Multi tasking gestures
    -How many of you have them enabled? Do you actually use them? Should they be implemented into a final build of iOS? What are your thoughts?

Personally, the one i use the most is pinch to close, I find it incredibly rare that I use my home button exept to bring up the Multi-task bar, I just don't really like the swipe up and can't quite get used to it.

However, I don't have them enabled on my iPod touch (2g) as I don't think they would work quite aswell with the smaller screen.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by User Name; 04-24-2011 at 05:04 PM.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

I use all the gestures all the time. They're great!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,525 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

I concur. I use them, on my IPad 2 and think that they are very useful and easy to use.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

http://i44.tinypic.com/v6roqw.gif
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts

I disabled them again. They where great but I experienced some lag (hardly noticeable) on initial touch of the screen. Like it had to decide on if it was a touch command or a gesture. Also the "Home" gesture was a little hard to use, I would rather that it was swipe down ( Which should also work exit edit/move mode on home screen / task bar.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    iOS Version

its great, i have them enabled.... however there some conflicts with other apps that uses gestures
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mio_BB View Post
    I disabled them again. They where great but I experienced some lag (hardly noticeable) on initial touch of the screen. Like it had to decide on if it was a touch command or a gesture. Also the "Home" gesture was a little hard to use, I would rather that it was swipe down ( Which should also work exit edit/move mode on home screen / task bar.
    I was having problems with the home gesture too until i started using 4 fingers instead of 5 to do it. Now it's pretty much flawless.
    iPhone Newbie

These gestures conflict with those in my own app and other I use. I like them, but I've submitted a bug to Apple to allow us app developers to override them in our own apps. Pretty much every app that uses 4 and 5 finger gestures will be broken if they release this to the public the way it is.
    @johnwmarshall4 - I make RC Trackpad and occasionally blog.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnmarshall4 View Post
    These gestures conflict with those in my own app and other I use. I like them, but I've submitted a bug to Apple to allow us app developers to override them in our own apps. Pretty much every app that uses 4 and 5 finger gestures will be broken if they release this to the public the way it is.
    Which is most likely why it's still unavailable. I love them though, I'd just not use apps that cause it not to work.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rudolphe View Post
    I'd just not use apps that cause it not to work.
    I'd give the user's the choice of whether to override the multi tasking gestures or not of course. But as it is right now Apple has not given the devs a way to do it anyway.
    @johnwmarshall4 - I make RC Trackpad and occasionally blog.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0/5.1.1

Love the gestures.