iPad says Not Charging.....help

iPhoneFanBoi

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
hello, i have an iPad 1 that i got from a friend and whenever i try to sync it it says "Not Charging"......i try to update and factory restore it but then an error message says browser timed out whenever im downloading the 4.3.2 update for it, it will still sync my songs and movies tho and apps

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it into the wall charger? I know if plugged into a normal computer USB port, it won't charge whenever the screen is on. And even when the screen is off, it charges slowly.

And as for the update, do you have a firewall or an anti-virus? That might be causing the problem.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Unless you have a high power USB port on your computer it wont charge from the USB. MacBook Air and a few of the other Mac's have enough juice to charge the iPad.

As for the update. You can try and download the IPSW manually then restore it yourself. Go to:

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-0661.20110414.W9Q8r/iPad1,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw

Once you download the ipsw, plug in the ipad and hold down shift when you hit the restore option. It will ask you to for the ipsw file location. Try that and let us know how it works for you.

Rademe

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The iPad does charge on computer USB, this might not be good for the battery (i guess) but it does charge it despite the "not charging" string on the top right corner.

i would recommend using the wall outlet only for charging :)

ongre10

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The iPad has to have a 2 amp current to fully charge the battery. Most Computer USB ports don't provide enough current, usually 1 amp, to charge and operate the iPad at the same time, if you turn the iPad off and leave the computer turned on for a few hours it will probably charge but maybe not to 100%.. It needs 2 amps, smaller devices are fine with the computer ports, but use the apple 10 watt charger or one that is 2 amps of current. Don't buy anything that does not have the amp output on its label, it would probably be to small. The whole thing is based on the load which is what the iPad would be in this case, it has a bigger battery and needs a lot of current to just operate. So the computer ports just can't handle it. Evidently apple computers do provide 2 amps at the USB ports so they once again were thinking ahead.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods