Any tips for a new IPAD2 user?

nygiants10

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Was in Target browsing blu rays and noticed they where putting Ipads in the case and wallah, a few months before i thought i would be able to get one i got a black 32gb ipad 2 for 599. Any tips that could help me out?

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
The only tip I have for you is........................LOVE YOUR iPAD 2 JUST AS MUCH AS WE ALL DO. IT IS AN AMAZING AND GREAT DEVICE. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxraffyxx

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
First ipad? I have the exact same one 32gb black. My biggest advice is to spend more money lol and buy some good applications. For the longest time I stayed with free applications, now that I loosened up my wallet I'm enjoying the ipad much more.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Keep it clean! One of my biggest bug bares is seeing someone mistreat their iDevice. They cost a fair amount and for someone to let it get scratched and dirty really annoys me. Keeping it clean gives you a much richer experience. After cleaning a friends up they actually use it more!!

That and as xxraffyxx said, don't be afraid to spend money on apps.

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
20 Essential iPad Apps and some free iPad Books

Download the free iBooks app and get the "iPad User Guide for iOS 4.3" from Apple. This is a good read. Also MacWorld's iPad Starter Guide is in iBooks for free too.

20 Essential iPad Apps

Most people have about 20 iPad apps that are essential for them. I will give you 20 apps (or so) that you will hopefully find interesting enough to include some of them amongst your essential apps.

ABC Player (free)
Amazon Kindle (free)
Big Calculator (free)
Flipboard (free)
Instapaper ($4.99)
Dropbox (free up to 2GB)
ArtRage ($6.99)
Epicurious Recipes & Shopping List (free)
Netflix (App: Free, Service: $7.99 a month)
Star Walk ($4.99)
TouchReTouch HD ($0.99)
Flickpad Pro ($2.99; limited time at $0.99)
PhotoPad by ZAGG (free)
Web Albums ($2.99)
Teamviewer HD (free for personal use)
Soundnote ($4.99)
Fruit Ninja HD ($2.99)
Plants vs. Zombies HD ($6.99)
Pandora Radio(free)
Color Splash for iPad ($1.99)
Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite for iPad ($14.99) or Documents to Go Premium ($16.99)
GoodReader ($4.99)

BrokenEngrish

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The best tip I have gotten was to download AppStart.

It does a great job of giving you the best apps for what you would be trying to do out of your ipad.

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Good list.

Since you listed Epicurious, I thought I'd add Chef as a good alternative:

Meal Planning Apps

Chef
+ can enter private recipes
+ shopping list autosorts nicely
+ simple but effective interface on iPhone and Web
+ lots of recipes online?

What's for dinner
- no web interface? - import recipes using clipboard
+ ordered shopping list
+ includes other site-sources like AllRecipes

AllRecipes
+ nice interface
- private recipe ingredients appear unsorted at bottom of grocery list
+ large user community
+ multiple grocery lists?

BigOven
+ shopping list autosorts nicely
- iPhone App is a bad (web) mobile-app
+iPad app looks nice
+ large user community
+ Try Soon list
+ LeftOver helper

RecipeHolder
- no grocery list

ShopNcook
- no grocery list?

Jamie Oliver
+ nice interface
+ Jamie
- only 60 recipes
- no personal recipes

EPI
+ nice interface
+ includes recipes from cookbooks including some jamie oliver
- no personal recipes

Shopper
- no meal planning or recipes

MealBoard
- no webapp

MacGourmet
- no WebApp (shrinkwrap app)

nygiants10

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ive been ripping and converting my dvds to ipad, im using handbrake. But the volume is way way lower than movies i buy on itunes. Is there anyway to get the volume louder?

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ive been ripping and converting my dvds to ipad, im using handbrake. But the volume is way way lower than movies i buy on itunes. Is there anyway to get the volume louder?

I'm having the same issue. Also when streaming Netflix videos the volume is way too low.

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I still have an issue with low volume when streaming Netflix but found a solution to the Handbrake low volume problem. If you download the latest Handbrake Nightly you'll find there is now a provision for bumping the audio gain up. It makes a huge difference.

mistabritt

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Just bought my iPad 2 today also. First iPad ive ever owned. Early Christmas gift to myself. I'm so loving it and dont know why I waited so long.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Just bought a iPad2 WiFi version for my wife as a Christmas gift.
She has no idea to expect it.
I'm have a ball setting this up for her
New to Apple.
Good Luck

pinkvikchick

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to make fun of iPad users. Like when they pulled it out in a restaurant. Now I am sort of embarrassed when I use it in public, but I use it for almost everything!!!! So I'm getting over it. I even bought a purse that my ipad could fit in.

jackitoday

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was such an Android fan and now

I bought an iphone 4s on Sprint's opening day, and bought an iPad2 last week. Sold my EVO and my Galaxy Tab (7" one) and can't believe how I used to think all you Apple folks were crazy for letting 'them' tell you what you could and couldn't do with your phones.

The app store is just great, and I love all that I can do with my iPad.

BTW, great app I just downloaded --- CloudOn -- now I can see and edit my dropbox documents (Word, Excel) on my iPad -- makes the iPad just about perfect!