Where do you bring your iPads?

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I just recently got my first iPad(wifi). I've always used iPods, iTouches, and iPhones. And I would bring them EVERYWHERE. but the iPad doesn't seem as portable. Right now I only see myself bringing it to class/libraries or on long trips...the same places I would normally bring a laptop to.

Where else do you guys bring your iPads to? I'm curious because it feels like I can utilize this device in more situations than just those two places.

Smokexz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you, I used to use an iPod touch second gen with me almost every where... however I take my Xoom with me ocassionally to the mall, trips, and even to parties( for music, 64gigs is the Max capacity with the SD card so these things make for killer media devices). Its kinda hard because these things are really not as portable, not pocketable at all. Don't shoot me cause I use the Xoom... lol

Sent from my Xoom

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow I was just kind of wondering this too after my travels this weekend. I haven't flown on a trip in a little while and the iPad has really taken off since my last flight late last summer.

But, I was quite surprised by the few that I saw at the airports I was at. The vast majority still rocking laptops and/or a smart phone.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My original iPad was WiFi only and that did not travel with me nearly as much as my current iPad 2 3g. Having to tether it to get online was sort of a pain. If I needed to take my phone out to tether, I figured just use the phone. I take the iPad 2 everywhere with me since it is always connected. I do have a dilemma though... what I will do when I can't put it in my jacket pocket anymore. I might just be that weird guy wearing a down jacket in June :)

johnmarshall4

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I take mine with me most places, work, church etc. I tether when I need to Wi-Fi is not available. I do wish there was a way to carry it hands free and not look like a total dork. I think I'd have that same problem though even with a 7" tablet. (The hands free, part, not the dork part - I might not be able to do anything about that).

Smokexz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My original iPad was WiFi only and that did not travel with me nearly as much as my current iPad 2 3g. Having to tether it to get online was sort of a pain. If I needed to take my phone out to tether, I figured just use the phone. I take the iPad 2 everywhere with me since it is always connected. I do have a dilemma though... what I will do when I can't put it in my jacket pocket anymore. I might just be that weird guy wearing a down jacket in June :)

I feel ya, it is pretty weird taking it out, plus the battery for my Nexus S, can only last so long, might need an extra battery to keep the tethering going lol.

Sent from my Xoom

teejaywhy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I take mine on the plane when I travel (which seems to be a lot lately!), and it's always with me at the baseball and soccer fields to keep me busy when I'm waiting for the kids.

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
On the plane, to keep me current on the news weather and other reading. To the office and at home for all the same reasons. Love it so!

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
i carry mine where ever i go. i tether with a blackberry so it means i don't have to take out my cellphone to activate anything as its Bluetooth DUN so its constantly connected.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I normally take mine everywhere. I have a Pad & Quill case. It looks just like a book. My first choice was a DoDo case but they take up to a month to ship so I found this baby and I'm happy! Most people think that its a book under my arm when I'm walking around and from far away they probably assume i'm reading a book. Sometimes I am. Sometimes I'm not. LOL. I love it though. Check it out. The Octavo for iPad2 by Pad&Quill

prettyfacejessy

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I have only had my ipad2 for a week or so now but it does go with me everywhere andi do plan on taking it to class with me this summer when I return to school

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW