UK iPad2 delayed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just reading (via CoolSmartPhone and via) that we'll be waiting until 5pm for the doors to open on the iPad2 in the UK.

Hope the folks in the line packed extra sandwiches!!
:rolleyes:

sorry couldn't paste the links (not an avid forum poster, clearly just a reader)

www (dot) coolsmartphone (dot) com/2011/03/22/ipad-2-launch-delayed-a-tiny-bit/

www (dot) t3 (dot) com/news/ipad-2-uk-release-delays-officially-confirmed-by-apple?=54647

lucasite

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought the release had always been scheduled for 5pm, much like the US release. So I dont think this is really a delay, just a marketing ploy. :)

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm

Not according to the previous announcements - folk were expecting a 9am grand opening over here.

Not really that bothered myself as completely satisfied with the iPad1... but hey
:)

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
The email I got from Apple today states they will be avaiable in-store at 5pm on 25th. Not sure if they did this late openeing for the last iPad, but for the iPhone4, my local Apple store was open in the morning, as per usual, for the release.

lucasite

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Spoken to my local Currys today, they will have stocks on sale at 5pm on Friday aswell.
Demand at the local apple store seems really high, and they've already been taking reservations.
Queuing there feels pointless now (if half the queue have already reserved)
So I might focus on Currys now and have more luck there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2