Griffin Technology iPad2 case

ballajb

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Today when I went to Best Buy to buy a pair of Beat By Dre headphones I finally saw a iPad2 case other than the smart cover. I bought it because it actually covers the rear of the iPad2 and had the hole for the rear camera. The case reminds me of the Apple iPad1 case that I had but only its polyurethane. Its was $39.99 and here is the link for it on Best Buy's website Griffin Technology - Elan Folio Case for Apple® iPad® 2 - Black - GB02446

Also check out my iPad2 unboxing and app review
YouTube - iPad 2 Unboxing and App Review

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Ya, I saw this too. They actually had them on launch day to purchase from my best buy. I was considering it due to it's rear protection but in the end it just seemed to generic in the form fitting dept. Like griffin knew people would be chomping at the bit for cases on launch day but, like evenry other 3rd party manufacturer, didn't have exact specs and measurements, so they banged that case out. That being said, i never put in on so i dont know for sure how its fits. How do you like it? Does it fit perfect? Think it's a long term solution or something to hold you over?

ballajb

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I saw this too. They actually had them on launch day to purchase from my best buy. I was considering it due to it's rear protection but in the end it just seemed to generic in the form fitting dept. Like griffin knew people would be chomping at the bit for cases on launch day but, like evenry other 3rd party manufacturer, didn't have exact specs and measurements, so they banged that case out. That being said, i never put in on so i dont know for sure how its fits. How do you like it? Does it fit perfect? Think it's a long term solution or something to hold you over?

It actually fits good. Im not too happy with how flemsy the flap is when you put it behind the ipad during use. it isnt like my apple case for my iPad1. So maybe this will be just something to hold me over. Just the fact that it covers the rear makes it better than the smart cover.

captain7576

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought this case at Best Buy and I'm happy with it. I think the fit is just fine. The Apple smart cover was ok but it just doesn't provide any protection for the rear of the iPad. This Griffin case will do for now.

Illmusiq

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the griffin "portfolio" case on my iPad 1 it's pretty cool but definitely adds some unwanted bulk to it. Anybody have an opinion on the 1st gen official apple case?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2