iPad 2 cracked glass

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my iPad 2 and the glass cracked I set up a genius bar appt told them the issue seemed like that were assuring me they could fix it instore

Has anybody had to repair glass on an ipad2 is it a pretty easy process?

Mine fell on the corner of it too and the back aluminum case got dented in the corner too is that something tha can b replaced or fixed too?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ummm, you know it will cost your right? Dropping isn't under warranty. Expect to pay out the tooter bro.

If it doesn't cost you, you'll be one lucky SOB.

Reactions: anon(52425)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
iPad Wi-Fi
iPad 2 Wi-Fi Out-of-Warranty Service Fee
16GB $269
32GB $299
64GB $349

An iPad that is ineligible for warranty service may be eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service. However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including liquid damage, catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OUCH! I just got my black 32GB AT&T iPad2 today... it's nice... not sure what I'd do if I dropped it... Sorry to hear the news, man... Hopefully the dudes in the genius bar will make it "new" again!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know when I had lint in the screen of my 3G I went in to the genius bar to have the screen replaced. I expected to just drop it off but they told me it would be 15 minutes. However the screen on the iPad is alot bigger so not sure it would be the same deal. The dent in the case I doubt they would be able to fix it without replacing the unit. So let us know what happens, I can just imagine my face if my iPad were to ever fall :(

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
a tear definately fell from my face.. i have my genius bar appt this evening so i would let you guys know what happened

Cahow

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my iPad 2 and the glass cracked I set up a genius bar appt told them the issue seemed like that were assuring me they could fix it instore

Has anybody had to repair glass on an ipad2 is it a pretty easy process?

Mine fell on the corner of it too and the back aluminum case got dented in the corner too is that something tha can b replaced or fixed too?

How did this happen? I live in fear of dropping my tablet but so far, so good. I do have a female friend, however, who shouldn't be allowed, legally, to own ANY electronic device! I don't know what her problem is, really: she's flushed two iPod's/iPhone's down the toilet (take it outta your jeans, crackhead!); and cracked the screen on her iPad, twice.

By the way, she has PLASTIC dinnerware and stemware in her home and she's 38 years old. She said she would "break a glass per week" before she went plastic. And no, she doesn't have any disease.

Good luck on that replacement; I feel for you as that's my greatest fear.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The support team has been so very nice to me every time I have gone in to get something fixed. I love Apple for that reason. I have three teens and everyone in the house has phones, touches,IPods, iPads! It's amazing how many trips to the Apple store we make! hahaha! I am always impressed at how nice and helpful they are. We almost always walk out with a device that is working beautifully that day! Incredible. Their customer support is really good and quite frankly the way most companies do business now, I'm so thankful to know they are truly helpful! These devices are expensive but it's worth it.

Reactions: Cahow

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The support team has been so very nice to me every time I have gone in to get something fixed. I love Apple for that reason. I have three teens and everyone in the house has phones, touches,IPods, iPads! It's amazing how many trips to the Apple store we make! hahaha! I am always impressed at how nice and helpful they are. We almost always walk out with a device that is working beautifully that day! Incredible. Their customer support is really good and quite frankly the way most companies do business now, I'm so thankful to know they are truly helpful! These devices are expensive but it's worth it.

Interesting...

We have 1 MBP, 1 Mac Mini, 1 iPhone4, 1 iPad, 1 iPad2, 3 iPod Touches, 2 Classic iPods, 1 iPod Nano, 1 Original AppleTV, 4 AppleTV 2gen, 1 Time Capsule and 1 Airport Extreme... and I've NEVER had to go to the Genius Bar/Apple Store for assistance or repairs... I have used their phone support to get questions answered... I guess we're just lucky...

And speaking of luck, best of luck to the OP!

Jo-9

Mar 11, 2011
about.me
Ouch, I am sorry to hear! The very next day after I got my iPad 2 I got an "incase" ipad pouch. Whenever I leave the house I make sure its protected and I am not holding anything else while carrying it. They need to make like an iPad lanyard so you can wrap it around your wrist while your holding it! lol

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I feel your pain.. dropped my white(parts converted) iPhone about a week or so after paying for the white parts..

Luckily I ordered two sets :)

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I purchased a warranty from Square Trade ($72 for 2 years on 64 GB WiFi) that includes ADH (Accidental Damage from Handling) that covers drops. Hope I never have to use it, but a little piece of mind nonetheless.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a warranty from Square Trade ($72 for 2 years on 64 GB WiFi) that includes ADH (Accidental Damage from Handling) that covers drops. Hope I never have to use it, but a little piece of mind nonetheless.

I did the same with my iPad 2 as I had also done with my iPad 1 and iPhone 4 and iPod Touch. You can cancel at anytime for a prorated refund. I sold my iPad one on eBay then canceled the warranty. Got half my money back.

The SquareTrade warranty also covers full water immersion if that should happen and all warranties now have a buy back option.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes let us know. I'm curious what happens.

Well I have good news

They said they would replace it for no cost.. Of course they didn't have any in the store.. So I had to have apple care fulfill the warranty they said the apple engineers were looking into the ipad2 glass cracking easily with the smart case on it and I suppose I fell under tha case study so I'm suppose to send my iPad 2 to apple for there engineers to look at both my iPad and smart case and they will send me a replacement as soon as they get it..

I feel indebted to apple now

I will be an apple customer for life!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I have good news

They said they would replace it for no cost.. Of course they didn't have any in the store.. So I had to have apple care fulfill the warranty they said the apple engineers were looking into the ipad2 glass cracking easily with the smart case on it and I suppose I fell under tha case study so I'm suppose to send my iPad 2 to apple for there engineers to look at both my iPad and smart case and they will send me a replacement as soon as they get it..

That is fantastic news... good to know that Apple is taking care of you... sorry you have to wait for a replacement... but it's better than having to wait to buy a replacement!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well I have good news

That's good to hear. You may be without a iPad for a couple of weeks but at it's getting replaced.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
That is fantastic news!!! I know your extremely happy with Apple. It?s moments like these that make being an Apple fan worth it all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods