Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

24 Posts

Default Smart Coverís weakness

Steve Jobs released iPad 2 on March 3, when he dressed up the device so fine with Smart Cover that makes silicone cases look like a joke. Then all the media told the same story that Smart Cover would make a hit and silicone cases were ****.
    Despite all the public praises, Smart Covers have three weak points as for marketing: the prices of $69 and $39 are a little bit too high; they do not protect the back of iPad 2; and their strong points are not non-replicable.
    Iím not supprised that some merchants are already aware of this. On March 12, TinyDeal come out with a leather case to guard the whole of iPad 2, with the functions of both back case and Smart Cover: TinyDeal - Synthetic Leather Case Cover & Stand f Apple iPad 2
    The leather case is composed of two parts that are connected seamlessly. One is a sheath with the sections for display and ports hollowed, and the other is a twofold magnetic clip. When the clip covers the iPad 2 display, the whole case looks like a big note-book. On the other hand, the clip can be half-folded to prop up iPad 2 with a perfect plane angle for reading, video watching, and typing.
    From March 3 to March 12, nine days are long enough for some producers to spot the strongest point of a stuff, learn from it, and make better use of it. But no matter how smart the accessory producers are, they have to advertise the Apple brand while selling their own products. So there is a virtuous circle, Apple grows, offering more profiting chances for other companies, which help promote Apple for free.
    iMore Pro

659 Posts
    Global Posts
    730 Global Posts

So did you buy one of these or are you just advertising for them in a very covert way?
    iMore Intermediate

425 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

I bought one because it seemed like the right thing to do while ordering the iPad 2, but I anticipate Marware and others will quickly catch up and offer new cases. I would like to see full cases that include the magnets necessary to take advantage of the auto-wake/sleep function.
    iMore Intermediate

108 Posts

that case is hardly a new design, i have a nearly identical one on my original iPad