PDF's on iPad?

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have never really sat down to use an iPad before, been a blackberry user for a while now w/ laptop. And have always used a paper planner, but switch planners alot due to space issues, etc... Today I got my hands on an iPad at the Lexus dealership while I waited 2 hours on our car. I read all my favorite newspapers and it was fantastic. I could see using it for email, twitter, etc... I also checked out the calendar and it looked just like my daytimer format...

So, I started seeing how I could use it so I surfed over to daytimer and they have an ipad/iphone app so you can sync to your outlook. the daytimer experience was totally interactive vs doing it with pen/paper. I'm sold.

Now, ipad 1 or 2? Also can see using it to show proposals without having to print off reams of paper.

Major question: can I pull up PDF's on it and show a client?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can not only view them but create and or edit them if you are the original creator.

You can check out the app store to find the one that works best for you.

I have a couple, GoodReader, File Viewer XL, Quickoffice, which also let's you view/edit MS Office Documents from Word, Excel and Power Point.

Good Luck!

David Allan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iPad has a Built-in PDF application and it supports PDF files that are sent as attachments via email in the mail application. Simply download the attachment click to launch and you can view the PDF.

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
A bit off topic, but if you need a good note-taking app, 'Notes Plus' looks simply incredible! Notes + About It also caused me to run across the little stylus they show, which would probably feel more natural for doing that kind of notes than using a finger.
(Note: I don't have an iPad yet.... soon! I just saw this the other day and was blown away)

Also, according to the development notes: PDF import and write over is coming soon... as well as export to Dropbox, etc. (It already exports PDF).

I'd certainly go for the iPad 2 unless money is a huge issue. The increased performance for things like switching between apps, and browsing, etc. will be well worth it (not that the original iPad was that slow or anything). Since it isn't a multi-tasking environment like a desktop OS where you have things side-by-side while working, you end up having to switch back and fourth between apps a lot... so speed for that is crucial for productivity.

Last edited:

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
A bit off topic, but if you need a good note-taking app, 'Notes Plus' looks simply incredible! It also caused me to run across the little stylus they show, which would probably feel more natural for doing that kind of notes than using a finger.
(Note: I don't have an iPad yet.... soon! I just saw this the other day and was blown away)

Also, according to the development notes: PDF import and write over is coming soon... as well as export to Dropbox, etc. (It already exports PDF).

I'd certainly go for the iPad 2 unless money is a huge issue. The increased performance for things like switching between apps, and browsing, etc. will be well worth it (not that the original iPad was that slow or anything). Since it isn't a multi-tasking environment like a desktop OS where you have things side-by-side while working, you end up having to switch back and fourth between apps a lot... so speed for that is crucial for productivity.

Wow, that is awesome app. THanks for sharing.

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
iPad has a Built-in PDF application and it supports PDF files that are sent as attachments via email in the mail application. Simply download the attachment click to launch and you can view the PDF.

Thanks David, that was my next question, will i be able to email myself the attachment and then open and view - thanks!

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I may just get an iPad 1 - save $100 and if I want a 2 or see the need for it based on performance, I can always give the 1 to the kids and then buy a 2 for me :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW