Boy did I underestimate todays launch...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
So I thought I would be cocky and just show up at around 4 and pick up an iPad. Well I was WAY off. I went and caught a movie at 12 (Battle: LA, good flick, go see it!) and I got out around 210PM. I cruised over to Best Buy and there was a small line and jumped in. At about 230 a manager came out and said that they only had a small amount and NO 3G's. Once he said no 3G I was out. I started calling all over and Wal-Marts had huge lines, Target's had huge lines and I called the Apple store (2 of them) and they said it was madness. I was so discouraged. As I was driving home I saw an ATT store and thought why the hell not check it out. I pulled up and it was deserted, no customers no nothing. And wouldnt you know it, this ATT store was like one of 4 in the Portland metro area that actually received a small amount of iPads. I put my name on the list and waited. 5PM hit and I happily paid and left for home. As I was checking out I was told that they only received 4 iPads and everyone else had to special order. I lucked out.

So all in all it turned out to be a good day but next time I am not going to be so cocky. I really thought this would be a mellow day...

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Got to my local bestbuy at 4 and there were 20 people in line. At 430 there were 50 and bb handed out tickets. By 5 there were 100 people and I was finally out the door at 535. Using it now and loving it.

Tone1981

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Same here in MD, I went to my BB at 415 and was #17 in line by 5 there was at least 30 people. They handed out tickets and all 30 people got there's, when I left there looked to be at least 30 to 40 more people in line some with tickets, Sounds like BB got more than some other stores happy with my buy...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here in MD, I went to my BB at 415 and was #17 in line by 5 there was at least 30 people. They handed out tickets and all 30 people got there's, when I left there looked to be at least 30 to 40 more people in line some with tickets, Sounds like BB got more than some other stores happy with my buy...

I know the Apple stores in the Phoenix area had plenty (duh!), Walmart only got 2 or 3 per store... not sure about BestBuy's allotment around here...

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I know the Apple stores in the Phoenix area had plenty (duh!), Walmart only got 2 or 3 per store... not sure about BestBuy's allotment around here...

Do you know if they still have any? I am going to check it out this morning. It looked too crazy last night.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Haven't been to the mall, so I could not say... I have heard that the local Walmarts and BestBuys are out...

Jo-9

Mar 11, 2011
about.me
It was the same way in Tucson Az. We only have one Apple store, so I knew it was going to be busy. Luckily I took the day off and I got there at 11am. Met and hung out with some nice people in line. By the time 2pm came around I knew it wasn't going to stop. By the time 3 came around we had over 200 people in line. I was lucky to be like 15th in line by the time 5pm rolled around. I was able to get a AT&T 3G white model. I wont underestimate a launch again either!

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Just Ordered

I just ordered mine online and it says it ships in 3 to 4 weeks. If I can find it sooner, I'll just kill the order. At least this way I am assured to get it in a month. D'OH!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if they still have any? I am going to check it out this morning. It looked too crazy last night.

MacMedia Inc on 83rd Ave south of Bell in Peoria has the WiFi only models in stock as of this moment (1330 on Saturday).

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
MacMedia Inc on 83rd Ave south of Bell in Peoria has the WiFi only models in stock as of this moment (1330 on Saturday).

Thanks but want a 3G. You would have thought they would have segmented the units by 3G to Verizon and AT&T and all the rest get WiFi. I checked two stores in Phoenix, and both won't have an original shipment of anything for 2 to 3 weeks. I think they are ordering off the Apple website as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox