Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    3,835 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default What's your take on Justin Wagoner?

I spend a good time over at Macrumors iPad forum and there was as interesting thread on this guy in Texas who is camping outside the store (has been for almost an entire week). What's your take on it? I was going to join in on the chat over there but every thread that pops up is immediately closed.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

If the guy had a life, he wouldn't be wasting his time on it. SMH
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,804 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That's a little over the top IMO. Guy must have the tech bug really bad.
    iPhone 5
    iPad Mini
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

He's just a passionate person. I'm no one to judge, nor should anyone else. He isn't hurting anyone or breaking any laws. He's doing something he thinks is fun and its harmless.

I could safely say that I might have considered lining up this far in advance if the Bears went to the Superbowl this past year. I would have NOT missed out on tickets!
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    3,835 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I found this over at 9to5:

***I am going to try and keep this as anti-flammable as possible. However after seeing this guy and how he carries/handles himself, I really felt compelled to share what I observed. After reading his website, perusing his twitter feed/facebook page, I just had to see what this guy was all about.

Yesterday I was out of work a bit earlier and was thinking of stopping by to see this "upcoming internet celebrity" but wasn't really going to make the trip to the Apple store that he was at unless I really needed something. Well yesterday I found that my wife needed a new iPod jogging armband since she misplaced her previous one at the gym so there was my chance.

I showed up around noon (maybe closer to 1230) and saw his camping grounds. To be honest it looked like a homeless person had just decided to setup camp. And in fact I am sure there are people that thought that very same thing. Nobody else was in line, nobody really seemed to care. And I overheard some guy in the store say to his GF/wife, "WTF is up with the tent out in front of the store."

The tent looked to be empty so I went inside and started browsing the store for a new armband. As I was browsing the wall of choices I was approached by a store employee who asked me if I needed assistance. I was okay in making an armband choice so I told him I was okay but I did strike up a convo about the camper. I asked him what he thought about it and his reply was:

"Just about everyone (employees I assumed) thinks this guy is a total clown. He isn't very nice and there really is something that is not quite right with him"

Surprised, since Justin claims the store employees love him so much and "treat him like a king" I asked him if they really went out of their way to pay, out of their own PNL, extra security, to babysit this guy. His response?

"That is completely false. Who said that?"

I told him he did, and that he has plastered it on Facebook and his Twitter page and he again said that "that's a bunch of baloney". What he did saw was that the store manager has offered him an employee to indirectly watch his junk while he goes away for food or bathroom breaks but that once the store is closed, that the guy is on his own. Apparently, one of the store employees saw Justin flag down a Dallas PD officer the other day and made a big deal about how he was out here all alone and that he would appreciate it if they would add some extra patrols around the store while he was here.

This led me on to my next question to the employee (by this time I had my armband and I was just chatting it up with him AND still no Justin to be found). I asked him why he said he wasn't nice and he said that the guy really believes he is entitled to anything and everything and that he gets VERY upset when he isn't acknowledged (not sure what he meant by that, not acknowledged as the first in line? In general?).

More on Justin, he spends a lot of his time on the in store computers and has been emailing everything media outlet in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. On occasion he hangs out in the front of the store and waives to people, as the employee put it, "like an *****" and customers look at him **** eyed because NOBODY knows who he is and why he's hanging out in front of the store in a tent. Aparently Justin got defensive the other day with a news reporter because he felt that the report should have been more on HIM and NOT the iPad 2.

I was also interested to learn that according to the employee, Justin is NOT employed and is still touting that he is on disability and that he can't work.

I didnt want to keep this guy any longer and thanked him for his time and I moved on. I decided to hang out a little longer before leaving in hopes that I might catch this guy. After about 20 minutes he showed up. It looked like he was returning from lunch. He stashed away some of his crap in his tent and then hung outside the store for another 10 minutes waiving to people. The employee I spoke with was right, people looked at him like he was retarded. He happily waived his hand from to side to side and people either ignored him, looked at him funny or straight up laughed at him. It was actually sad to watch.

He entered the store and hit up a Mac Pro and started checking his Twitter feed and Facebook page. He said something to himself that sounded like he was frustrated about some negative comments he was receiving on Twitter (this can be confirmed since he was since setup follower restrictions). He then started hitting up news sites, Dallasnews.com, KDFW Fox 4, etc. I watched him type his name into the search box fields of this site and when he didnt see any mention of his name you could clearly see that he was annoyed/frustrated.

By this time I thought I should take off. I probably spent about an hour and 45 minutes total at the store and didnt want to seem like a complete nut job.

YES, I guess you could say I stalked the guy...sort off But I wanted to see what this guy was REALLY about. He was always touting that people should "stop by and say hi" so I figured I would do a variation of stopping by. I didnt say hi because I wanted to see what he was really like when people were not paying attention to him.

From what I saw he is a HUGE attention ***** and carries himself that way. And I can totally see why the store employees think that this guy is a whack job.

Justin, if your reading this, and I am sure you are, I was the guy 2 computers over from you in the dark grey suit with the ipod armband on the table. I know you remember me because you looked at me and asked me if I was going to be picking up an iPad 2 and then you touted that you had been there for almost a whole week. I responded that you were a loser and to get a life and you turned bright red, clearly bothered by the comment.

I hope this thread stays but I am sure it will be take down. I wanted to share my story with you all since so many of you were defending this guy. Sure he is free to do whatever he wants but when you carry yourself like you're hot stuff and youre a d!ck because of it, well...what do you expect?***

Goodness.
    Last edited by XM_JDM; 03-10-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Well if he's a ****** bag, that sucks. Can I retract my previous post??? :-P
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    3,835 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Haha, well I dont know for sure. I believe the original post is now gone.
    iPhone Newbie

I knew something was wrong when on his website he called himself a "rising Internet Celebrity"