Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Who is NOT getting the iPad 2 and staying on iPad 1?

It was frustrating dealing with morons who couldn't be bothered to read simple directions when I tried to sell my 1 on craigslist. So I gave up.

I also don't have the patience to deal with waiting online for what is a modest update instead.

I'll wait for iPad 3.
    iPhone Newbie

I'm keeping mine as well..but went out and bought a 16 gig 1st gen for my son at $100 off so he could have GarageBand.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

I held off on the 1st-gen. iPad.

Given all the hype surrounding tomorrow's launch, I am tempted to get the iPad2, but think I can wait a bit longer for the iPad3. Hopefully, it will have a retina display, higher-res. cameras, etc.
     VZW iP5 | VZW iP4 (jailbroken) | iPod Nano (2nd & 4th-Gen.) | AppleTV (2nd-Gen.) | MacBook Pro 17" Intel Core2Duo | MacBook Pro 13" PowerPC | iPad Mini 
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,726 Global Posts

I consider ipad 1's as the high end ipod touch now. I've sold at least 3 ipod touch's lately on ebay for family and myself. Why bother with a 299 32gb ipod touch? Used ipads go for that and all have the option for an extended apple care right now.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am sticking with the ipad 1
    As i have got garageband and i dont need imovie or facetime or the camera as i have an iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4....
    BBM Channel - C002BF8A7
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I'm personally not. I'm more than content with my iPad and don't have any need for the few new features or even faster processor.

I see this as an opportunity to pick up original iPads for friends and family at awesome prices now.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am. Waiting fir the 3. I don't need a new iPad every year. iPhone is different story.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah there really isn't any mind blowing features the iPad 2 has that will make me get it. I'm satisifed with the original for now.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,026 Global Posts

I may get one eventually, but without an untethered jailbreak, I ain't switchin'.

Also, I have some concerns. I think the original ipad will be much more durable and, since I bring mine with me everywhere and my girlfriend has the butteriest fingers, durability sounds like "WINNING!"

I suspect the iPad 2 battery life will be less than iPad's and that Apple deliberately underestimated it, last year, (which had us marveling and praising them) so that they could mitigate the sophomore jinx by claiming that theyve magically maintained battery life.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I'm sticking with the 1st gen

Until March 25th I'm in Canada so I'm being forced to wait.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I am also sticking with gen 1. I like the idea of having a dual processor, but it's not worth the cost to upgrade. I don't care about the cameras. I will wait for gen 3 and maybe even try an android tablet.
    iPhone Experts

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I purposely waited until the announcement of iPad 2 just so I could get the first gen cheaper. I am perfectly happy with it! For what I use it for it was worth going for cheaper vs. newer. That, and the fact that 3rd gen isn't that far off, gives me a new toy while I wait to see what it brings to the table.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

I'm still very happy with my iPad. It's one of the best things I've bought and I'm kinda attached to it. When software starts coming out that looks compelling to me that won't run on an iPad then I'll look at the iPad 2. Until then, I just don't see the need to replace something that's already fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah, I was going too stick with my iPad 1, but Friday afternoon around 3PM the urge hit and off to Best Buy I went. I've done a lot of side by side comparisons. I have to say that the iPad 2 is well worth it. Yeah the iPad 1 is great, but swapping between apps and especially when you get lots of open tabs for web browsing. No reloading of pages on the iPad 2. This thing is fast and the dual core and expanded memory makes all the difference in the world. Have any of you seen the graphics benchmark scores, the iPad 2 rocks big time past the iPad 1 and even kicks the crap out of the Moto Xoom.
    iPhone Newbie

I was considering getting the ipad 2 but with the 4.3 OS update, my ipad 1 seems just fine considering I dont care about facetime or cameras. I havent even had this one a year yet, so I really dont feel the need to spend more for an update.
    iPhone Newbie

Definitely waiting for ipad3 - from new device i want something really new, so i will patiently wait
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I went with the iPad 2 initially because I always have to have the latest apple gadgets but after using it the last 2 days.... You NEED to upgrade.

Whether you want to believe me or not, the whole experience changes because of the speed increase and form factor alone.

I literally can't put it down now.
    iPhone Intermediate

I'm happy with my iPad and don't want to get the iPad2.

I have limited funds to my tech addiction.
    I'd rather upgrade my Droid to the iPhone 5, that would be a far more significant upgrade.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,026 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ACint24 View Post
    I went with the iPad 2 initially because I always have to have the latest apple gadgets but after using it the last 2 days.... You NEED to upgrade.

Whether you want to believe me or not, the whole experience changes because of the speed increase and form factor alone.

I literally can't put it down now.
    The decreased durability and repairability drop concern me more than a 30% Smaller form factor than only results in about a 15% decrease in weight.

It's just about as heavy as ever.

More stability during multitasking would be nice, though.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 5.0.1

Another one who is sticking with my 1st Gen iPad which I'm perfectly content with, I have cameras on my ViP4, iMac and MacBook Pro I highly doubt I'll ever use it on a iPad, a new iPhone every year is one thing, a definate must or lust, lol....a new iPad every year is un-necessary to me..
    Live, Laugh, Love and then there's...Apple!
    "It Just Works!"
    iPhone 5 32GB | iMac | MacBook Pro | iPad WiFi 32GB | Apple TV 2 | AirPort Extreme
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts

I'm sticking with my ipad 1 - the only improvement on the ipad 2 that I would really like is the faster processor, and I don't really NEED that.

I could not care less about having a camera and the thickness isn't a real issue for me.

If someone gave me one for free I definitely wouldn't refuse it, but it's not worth the cost of upgrading as far as I am concerned.

I think I'm going to have to wait until ipad 3 and hopefully it will have enough features to justify an upgrade to me and frankly, to my wife :P