Why the heck do we have to wait till 5pm!?!?

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I am definitely getting the iPad2 on launch day. What I don't get is why the heck it is launching at 5pm on a Friday!? Luckily I work till 130pm that day anyways, but what's the advantage of 5pm? My apple store closes at 9pm, that only leaves them 4 hours to sell an iPad, possibly set it up, and still help other customers.

Does anyone have a semi-logical answer or know what apples thought process is on this? (notice that logical answers and apples thoughts are separate) :)

I am excited to get this device though!!! Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

Chris

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with cardfan, however I don't think the lines will be as long as the ones for the original iPad. Think about it, there are more locations carrying the device now and most original iPad owners are not going to be in line on launch day. While there will be lines I don't think they will be crazy. Bigger Question is how many they will have available to sell on launch day.

MF4L41

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I also don't understand how Apple will market this, are they going to have customers in the store, just shopping then at 5 release the iPad.?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Reason for lines is no pre-ordering. First iPad was sold out with preorders. If you want one on the 11th, you must go to a store.

Btw, if you want accessories, you better order quick or find in store. Ebayers will buy them out quick.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
This is a great question that I was wondering myself and we'll probably never know the answer too. Without the pre-order I guess they don't want people lining up all night, maybe? But you know they will anyway. Other than that I can't see why.

Bigchris

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that I can walk in to Best Buy and walk out without any problems on Friday with my ipad and Smart Cover.. :D

Nchaka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Probably to give the stores more time to receive the product an set it up. Hopefully the will stay open later for everyone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner