iPad for Seniors

pclark

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
After months of frustration of using the public library's computers, I bought my 80 y/o Dad an iPad. He kept getting lost and confused at all the open windows and options on the browser, and navigating a qwerty keyboard was difficult as he did not grow-up tech savvy. The iPad (for him) was so intuitive that he now gets more emails from family and friends than I do; he can easily browse his favorite travel sites; and even pays his bills on-line. He's my iDad with an iPad !! Any other senior iPad moments from anyone?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I am going to get my Grandmother an iPad 2 next week. I bought her a computer about 3 years ago, and she hardly uses it. She calls me everytime something "pops up" (Windows Update, Advertising website, adobe update, flash player, antivirus scan, etc..

I bought some iPads for my company and was doing some testing and brought one home for the weekend. Decided to stop by her house and see how she would do with it. And boy, for someone who is still has a RAZR, yes a motorola razr, she had ZERO problems navigating on the ipad sending and receiving email, using safari and looking at pictures. That will probably be all she does with it (unless I can get her hooked on angry birds). But thats all she really needs it for. And if it comes to having to walk her through something it'll be easy, since there is no more "I said right click grandma".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2