iPad 2 Preparation

Are you selling your 1st gen for the 2nd gen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It has been confirmed that next Wednesday iPad 2 will be revealed. So has or will begin preparing to buy it by selling their first gen iPad?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It will be restored and JBen by the weekend and up for sale. I guess I will be without an iPad for 1-4 months I can live with that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Based on what I am hearing, I can skip gen2 of the iPad... to wait for the retina (or near-retina) screen on the iPad3... the main addition of iPad2 appears to be the front-facing camera... ok, I guess... but my current iPad is good enough for me for now.

I'm more anxious to see the new MBPs tomorrow... and the iPhone5 in June.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Based on what I am hearing, I can skip gen2 of the iPad... to wait for the retina (or near-retina) screen on the iPad3... the main addition of iPad2 appears to be the front-facing camera... ok, I guess... but my current iPad is good enough for me for now.

I'm more anxious to see the new MBPs tomorrow... and the iPhone5 in June.

I'm with you, I'm most likely going to skip this one, I don't need a camera on my iPad I have my iPhone for that. Not to mention I'm wanting to buy a new MacBook Pro soon and the iPhone 5..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow I'm surprised so many people are waiting until iPad 3. There's no way I'm waiting all iPad 2 needs is more RAM and I'm all over it like glue.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've already sold my 1st gen iPad but I'm not totally sure on what my plans are for the future. I'd really like to wait a little while to see what will be coming out in the near future as I'm really interested in a Wi-Fi only Motorola Xoom and the Blackberry Playbook looks like it could be pretty sweet as well. Depending on the specs of the iPad 2, that's a possibility as well, although I didn't really feel like it did enough additional things over my iPhone to justify tying up $500 in it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised I'm still the only one set to pick up an iPad 2 for sure. The playbook looks nice and a few of the other tablets look cool I will prob try them out for sure but none of them I would consider using as my daily device. I find the same as before once I heard about the iPad there wasn't a doubt in my mind that I was going to get it.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Im waiting until Apple makes their official statement on the next iPad before i make any rash decisions.

Like they did yesterday?

110909-ipad_march_2nd_invite_500.jpg

guitarguy389

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying with my 1st gen for now until I see what the actual specs are for the iPad2. If there is more than just a couple cameras added to it, I might just sell this one and spring for the 2.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well from the rumors I can almost guarantee that it will be thinner and lighter even if only on paper. It will have a faster processor and more RAM.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well from the rumors I can almost guarantee that it will be thinner and lighter even if only on paper. It will have a faster processor and more RAM.

Thinner means next to nothing since you need a case. The faster processor and ram only matter if you're seeing lag or if things aren't running smooth. Until we see iOS 5 on an ipad, we don't really know if this will matter.

But here's the reason to upgrade...

What really matters is what you can get for the old ipad versus the cost of a new one. The difference is what you're really paying which isn't all that much. 100? 200? To get another year of apple care on your old ipad will run 99 dollars alone. May as well sell old one and get a new one that has apple care.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thinner means next to nothing since you need a case. The faster processor and ram only matter if you're seeing lag or if things aren't running smooth. Until we see iOS 5 on an ipad, we don't really know if this will matter.

What really matters is what you can get for the old ipad versus the cost of a new one. The difference is what you're really paying which isn't all that much. 100? 200? To get another year of apple care on your old ipad will run 99 dollars alone. May as well sell old one and get a new one that has apple care.

Good points!

kittykatta#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thinner means next to nothing since you need a case.
I get really bothered by how easily people embrace the "Thinner is Better" trend without even thinking it through. Thin is good but theres a point where that 2mm thickness results in losing 2hrs of battery life. If they make the iPad thinner without losing battery life then thats fine, but in the end I wont notice because I keep mine in a beefy case to protect it.

What really matters is what you can get for the old ipad versus the cost of a new one.
Exactly. And lets not forget that Apple wants to win the Tablet war so they may even be more competitive with pricing.

I throw anything I intend to replace up on Ebay and am always surprised that I get most (or all) of my value back if selling at the right time. And IMO, the 1st Gen iPads value is has peaked so if you dont sell now then the dropoff will be substantial. (Mine just sold and I was shocked to get just about full price back due to a last minute bidding war)

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You know with the whole "thinner is better" thing, you can do so much with thin, till the point where you could suffer performance issues. Didn't the MBA have some issues at its first launch a few years back?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The problem is people always assume everyone else uses the device like they do, look for the things they do, etc. There are people ou there who don't have a problem with the battery power, there are some out there who would sacrifice battery power over the weigh or heft anyday. I personally don't care about the weight but I have had lag so for me a faster processor and more RAM is music to my ears.

buzzdar#WN

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Is newer always better? I think iPad would be good enough for me. Is thinner always better. I know I don't need another camera already what I need for that on my vzw iPhone 4. I would like to see the iPad1 with a lower price option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73