iPad 2 and 3 purchasing plans?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So the rumor mill is really going lately with the claim that we may see an iPad 3 as soon as September. What are your current purchasing plans? Holding off on the iPad 2 to pick up the third generation? Buying both? Neither? Personally I will probably hold off on the 2nd generation if there is no retina display. Not worth the upgrade from the 1st one without a new screen. Thoughts?

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm really curious to see what will be coming out in the near future. I have my eye on the future iPads, Motorola Xoom, and BlackBerry Playbook. I'd like to see a slightly more capable and lightweight iPad since I own a first gen model and all of my other devices are Apple products. However, both the Xoom and Playbook look like they could provide some competition. I've had Android phones in the past and there are certain things about the OS that are implemented much better than they are in iOS but the price may be prohibitive. The Playbook also looks like it could be a strong offering and the idea of a smaller device is something to consider.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ive consistantly said I was skipping iPad 2 and waiting for the 3. Im happy with my first gen. It doesnt matter when they release the 3, Im waiting

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll buy a new iPad, once my current 1st gen no longer gets supported iOS updates. Hopefully, if like for the phones, it will be around iPad 3 I will upgrade!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I doubt two models would release in the same year. I'm pretty sure that they will announce the iPad 3 in Sept. But i wont be out until early 2012. So I will be selling m current iPad and moving to an iPad 2 becaus I will be skipping iPhone 5 for iPhone 6.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I doubt two models would release in the same year. I'm pretty sure that they will announce the iPad 3 in Sept. But i wont be out until early 2012. So I will be selling m current iPad and moving to an iPad 2 becaus I will be skipping iPhone 5 for iPhone 6.

When CX from CB tweeted this yesterday, I believe it. Normally I dont believe rumors

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry but I will not believe it until they take the stage and say it's so. I would believe they would announce it in Sept. and maybe have it available in Feb. of 2012. They would shoot themselves in the foot by even announcing two models in the same year because no one is going to buy iPad 2 knowing a couple months later iPad 3 would be coming out.

thekarens

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the retina display, but lighter and faster are things I'm interested in. Probably will wait until Sept to at least see if they announce iPad 3.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What if this so called "ipad 3" is actually an new larger iPod touch, but smaller then the current iPad. Would be aimed at digital media, like the other iPods rather then what ever the iPad is aimed at

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'll wait and see. Definitely not even interested in the iPAD 2. I could care less about a camera in ant iPad. The thing that would make me jump for an new iPad 3(?) is the "retina" display. There are several apps I have for both my iPhone 4 and iPad. These apps, when you view them in the "x2" mode, are a bit fuzzy but not enough to really bother me. The iPad "HD" apps look great.

samsa#IM

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So the rumor mill is really going lately with the claim that we may see an iPad 3 as soon as September. What are your current purchasing plans? Holding off on the iPad 2 to pick up the third generation? Buying both? Neither? Personally I will probably hold off on the 2nd generation if there is no retina display. Not worth the upgrade from the 1st one without a new screen. Thoughts?

I will definitely wait ... Will look for some reviews and then make my decision.

Keep posting please :D

Onelamp

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I wanna buy a iPad 2 for my mom as a gift coz she doesn't have any now, so I guess waiting for iPad 2 is better than having the 1st gen now:)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPad 2 or 3 will need to have MORE then just a retina display. Dual core, faster ram SD card slot. iOs 5 will need an lot more in the iPad verison not just a scalled up iPhone. (ie; home screen)

Luis Carli

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is a good thing to upgrade from ipad 1 to the soon to be released ipad 2.
Normally apple works by doing small improvements from interaction to interaction.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry but I will not believe it until they take the stage and say it's so. I would believe they would announce it in Sept. and maybe have it available in Feb. of 2012. They would shoot themselves in the foot by even announcing two models in the same year because no one is going to buy iPad 2 knowing a couple months later iPad 3 would be coming out.

99% of the comsumers have no idea about new models coming out and dont read for rumors. You know that ;)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The percentage of tech users who know of new realses is very small. If you go to Best buy or even the Apple and ask 10 shoppers when the next iPad will come out. chances or 8 or 9 wont have a clue.

epb

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The biggest if for me is Apple's new subscription policy. If Amazon and others pull support from the iPad due to this (and I wouldn't blame them), I'll look for a different tablet or retreat to a netbook.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner