iPad 3G really worthy?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Depends on whether you're in the US and will have to pay an extra $30/month for the priviledge, or if you're elsewhere and can pay as you go for data.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I have one of each and since getting the 3G version, I haven't touched the WiFi only one. It's simply because I can be connected anytime I need to be. 3G may not be as fast as WiFi in my city, but at least it's a connect when needed.

jmpetra

May 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
I have one of each too. I say the wifi is my wife's. We use it around the house a lot, replaced the laptop. The wifi isn't that good (yet?) and there are places in the house where it will not hit. Since it can be spotty, which is irritating to me, I just leave mine on 3g and I went for the unlimited data plan. Also when we are driving my wife uses the 3g to look up things, to use Zillow and RealEsate.com, and the like. She likes it also as I like to go shopping with her now, and I sit in the car stream Netflix, watch podcasts, read mail, etc. To do it all over again, I'd just get the 3g, but this way we can each have ours set up the way we like.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the 3G and has come in handy...just one example. I was using the Maps on my phone and damn phone died! So i pulled the iPad out of my center storage, turned 3G on and didn't get Lost lol

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have the wifi only version and have MyWi on my jb iPhone. Hopefully soon AT&T will allow tethering and then my wifi only iPad is even better!

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Depends on your usage I suppose. Personally, for me I see no reason for the 3G version since I use my iPad and just tether it to my device. (iPhone and Nexus One)

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
3G is a waste of money! your paying an extra $130.00 plus $30.00 a month to use it. I have my wifi connected to 3g using my nexus one as a hot spot and I pay nothing extra for it. I know you can do the same with an iphone. My cell phone is always with me so i always have a connection. And besides 3g is not worth $30.00 a month it is just not fast enough.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I havent gotten my iPad WiFi yet but to tether from iPhone to iPad... i have pdaNet so do i just simply connect it via USB or what??

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Since AT&T is worthless I tether my iPad to my Droid. I would never get something locked to AT&T ever again.

If the rumors are true and Verizon is going to have their own cdma iPad, I'd still rather save the money and use my wifi tether to my Droid.

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
It is if you travel most of the time and you want to be connected to the internet all the time. Otherwise, just save the money for something else.

tombubi

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I got a wifi one myself since both my workplace and house is covered by wifi network. 3g is a bit pointless for me. It does depend on how and where you gonna use your device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen