Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

19 Posts

Default Old iOS upgrade issues.

Hi, just want to ask whether these issues are true or not since I just joined the Apple community for about 2-3 months. A friend brought it up about his old 4s being rendered obsolete by the iOS 7 upgrade. He kept warning me against upgrading my iPhone. So I'm here to seek answers from all of you who are veterans on this forum about this issue, and if it did happen, will it affect new iPhones? (Mine's a 6s plus by the way).

Default Re: Old iOS upgrade issues.

I have an iPhone 5 currently running the most current iOS 9.3.4. It runs very smooth and in no way has slowed the phone down. I also have an iPhone 6 that is currently running Developer Beta 10.5 and again it runs extremely well. I expect my 5 to be able to run iOS 10 when it comes out without issue. Your 6s will be good to go for a few years and in no way will it render your phone obsolete. iOS's are generally updated so as to make things run smoother on your phone.
    iMore Newbie

29 Posts
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts

Default Re: Old iOS upgrade issues.

I think no matter what phone OS someone uses that there will be reported update issues. I try to always do my updates through iTunes, especially for the big jumps, like to OS 10 next month.