WWDC 2016 post mortum

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So what are your guys thoughts after watching the keynote?

I for one am super disappointed again. I mean dude most of these features could have been a 9.4 update I mean HomeKit meh, voicemail transcription (Google had this with Google Voice since 2010), the photos update, the news app update I mean like total YAWN!! Oh wait though bigger emoji in Messages!! Yay! /s

I do like the new lockscreen and the maps and message apps updates are pretty cool and I did like watchOS 3 so it wasn't all bad but they seriously need to up their game dude. Where's are freaking Dark Mode!? Ugh!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It did kinda feel gimmicky, but I liked the new UI and the smarter features they brought to iOS though. However, I couldn't help but laugh when they announced 3x bigger emojis and everyone started clapping.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I like the new UI as well. I am pretty sure that the 3x bigger emojis will annoy me. I like the clipboard continuity feature. I will use that for sure.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Lockscreen and new 3D stuff are cool, design changes for Apple Music a bit bleh. Was expecting more features that are NEW and saw nothing cool for both the iPhone and iPad. Very happy with WatchOS 3 though.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Lockscreen and new 3D stuff are cool, design changes for Apple Music a bit bleh. Was expecting more features that are NEW and saw nothing cool for both the iPhone and iPad. Very happy with WatchOS 3 though.

Yeah watchOS 3 was definitely the highlight.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
At this point, it feels like a lot of catching up to Android imo. The lockscreen change is cool, only exciting thing i liked was the new Apple music look.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
On second thought.. I am quite happy with iOS 10 and MacOS Sierra, I was just expecting more new features to come out of it. Very happy with WatchOS 3.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you install it on your daily driver?

Is it buggy?

Yeah I've been installing the betas on my DD going back to iOS 7. Really haven't had any problems. Only bug I've noticed so far is the volume HUD wasn't showing up so I got excited thinking apple removed it but then it came up

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've been installing the betas on my DD going back to iOS 7. Really haven't had any problems. Only bug I've noticed so far is the volume HUD wasn't showing up so I got excited thinking apple removed it but then it came up

I'm very tempted to try it out... I'm not a developer though..

So if I pay $99 now, I will have access to it straight away?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Funny how we get our hands on iOS 10 and suddenly love it. Apple, or anybody for that matter, can't reinvent the wheel anymore. It's all about getting incrementally better with each iteration. I'm okay with that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR